Monday, September 19, 2016

KAT VON D LIQUID LIPSTICK IN BOW AND ARROW REVIEW AND SWATCHES


KAT VON D EVERLASTING LIQUID LIPSTICK
IN BOW AND ARROW 
REVIEW & SWATCHES!

I have reviewed Kat Von Ds Everlasting liquid lipstick before in a few shades so I'm again not going to get super in depth about look and packaging since it's all the same. If you want to read more about that find my first blog on this lipstick. 
Now just a quick overview, the packaging is sleek and sexy. The cap is black with a nice metallic silver design on it and the rest of the bottle is clear with the brand and collection name so you can see the color. It's travel friendly and pretty. It holds a good amount for the $20 USD that it costs so it's not a bad deal considering the amount of product, the time it lasts on your lips, and how much you have to use each time. It's actually a pretty good deal.
Also the applicator is like a lot of these liquid lipsticks and glosses. It's a velvet tip applicator at the end of a long plastic stick attached to the cap. It gives good coverage but its hard to get a good clean line because it's not a thin brush and it has a thin formula. It can be used right out of the box, I'm just saying you may need a little help later from your finger or a brush and some concealer to get it absolutely perfect. 
There's nothing I could find really terrible about the packaging.
Now onto the formula and color. Like all kvd liquid lipsticks it has a very thin and watery formula. It took some getting used to but different isn't always bad. Like I've said before the thin consistency gives a barely there feel knxe dry kind of like a lip stain with a lipstick look. I actually like it a lot now because it doesn't have that thick makeup look or feel to it. It can be a tiny bit dry feeling but it is a matte lipstick so you can't expect much else. I always exfoliate with sugar, salt or a lip scrub before I apply so that helps and if it ever got really dry I would just apply a quick layer of chapstick but I've never had to do that. I've seen some complaints here and there about how it's drying but they must not wear matte lipsticks ever, or they don't take care of or prep their lips or they just are really prone to chapped lips. It's a very small percentage of people who say this but it's all in your perception. 
 I personally think this formula is pretty comfortable with a great barely there feel. I do have to reapply every 5 hours or so to get the same pigmentation I had at first so I think they exaggerate on the wear time unless you don't mind a bit of fading. You have to choose though. You can have waterproof, never coming off without a special remover like the bakery brand lipsticks if you can deal with that severe uncomfortable and dry feeling or you can reapply once or twice a day and get a more comfortable matte lipstick with the same look.
Let me just clarify I've never tried The Bakery Brand Liquid Matte Lipstick although I really want to but from the research I've done and what they advertise it seems to be the type of lipstick im referring to and although there's many of that type im sure I was just using it as an example. 
 Now let's get into the color.

This color is Bow and Arrow. I would consider this a deep nude color. It's like a rosy colored medium to light brown. Personally I didn't think I would ever like or be able to pull off this color with my extremely pale skin but it's become one of my truly favorite colors from the Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick Collection. It's a beautiful color and so pigmented. It's lasting power is exactly the same as every other one I've tried and I love it. There's not a negative thing I can say about this color. I think it would look really great on us pale girls or girls with a lot of pink undertone to their skin complexion. I don't think it would look great on darker skin tones but then again I didn't think it would look good on me and it did so it's totally possible it could.










Stay beautiful because that's what you are, just the way you are!
Twitter @snowbunnybeth90 pinterest @callowayelizabeth instagram @buzzybee1990 facebook.com/yarnandbeauty YARNANDBEAUTY.BLOGSPOT.com and YARNANDBEAUTY.wordpress.com
Stay beautiful girls, because that's exactly what you are!

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment