Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Too Faced Melted Mattes Review, lip swatches & tips. Is it right for you?



Too Faced Melted Mattes in the color Queen B
Review, lip swatches, tips and is it right for you?

If you read my previous two blogs you know I stopped at Sephora yesterday and today and what I bought. I won't keep repeating myself there. All that stuff and my new Sephora shipment coming on Wednsday will all be reviewed if it hasn't been already along with many tutorials to come. Check out those blogs to see what's coming and what I've already written.

Now I tried on a few shades of the regular or original melted lipsticks. I didn't love the application tip and process or the tube and I'm not sure I loved any of the colors enough to ourchase them. They were sold out of a lot of colors of the melted matte so I didn't get to try on Cool Girl or a couple other shades I had wanted to. They had a couple Queen B's left and I tried it on and didn't feel sure but liked it enough to hurry up and pay for it since my annoyed boyfriend was waiting in the Mini for me.

I've now been wearing it consistently for two days and feel I can adequately show you how it looks and tell you how the performance is. Also matte lipsticks aren't intended for every one. They definitely aren't meant for my lip type but I will get into more about that a little later in this post. 

First off the Melted Matte goes on creamy and bright, as described in all of the ads. It doesn't dry immediately so you have a good thirty seconds to get it in place and off of where you don't want it before it's locked down. The applicator stick is great for lining my lips with the point of it and the wide angled side gives great coverage on the rest of the lip. I really like the normal application tip and I'm so happy they went with this instead of the other lipsticks in the Melted line. As the saying goes "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."  Bottom line is it's beautiful, modern and classy look with function. They knew what they were doing when they made their Melted Mattes. 

 It looks pretty good on. The color is consistent and it's totally opaque, can't see through it at all. It's very even and not too tight. It's actually incredibly comfortable and not at all drying. Since it isn't drying and doesn't stay on all day. When I kissed my hand twenty min later a very small amount came off and when I drank with a straw a big good colored lipstick ring was on my straw. It only lasts a few hours max, even less if you eat, drink, smoke, etc. But honestly I will take a few applications throughout the day if I don't have to end up with dry cracked lips from a formula that doesn't ever come off without an oil based remover like the lip whips formula (haven't had the pleasure of trying them yet but hopefully will soon, just going off their website and other bloggers with that example.).  It does have a creamy soft texture when it's wet and definitely when it's dry. It's almost like nothing is on my lips. When the color is coming off somehow the color doesn't fade until the very end when it's almost all the way off. So that would be the only con and like I said I don't really consider the wear time here a con because of what you would be giving up in terms of comfort if it were longer lasting. 
1 through 10, the higher the number the better the product rates.
Comfort: 8
Color: 8
Wear time: 6
Color transfer (onto drinks, etc.): 5
Price: 5
Packaging: 8
Ease of use: 8
Smell/taste: 9 there's no taste and smell
Amount in package: 7
Would I buy again? Yes
Would I recommend to a friend? Definitely! (Go get some girls!)

Tips, tricks and advice:
Matte lipstick makes a more fleshy looking lip. It even makes the lips look a bit smaller. Matte lipstick is great for a fuller lip but when it comes to small or thin lips like mine it's not a good choice usually.
 For smaller lips a good type of lip coloring is a gloss because it magnifies the lip and makes it look bigger or a glossy or translucent lipstick. Really any lipstick with a shine, sheen, or glitter. It really makes the lip stand out and makes it look bigger. 
Very thin lips should not under any circumstances wear a matte lip. It just looks silly. I know that sucks because matte lips are really in right now, actually matte everything is really in right now but we will just stick to lips for now.  Glossy lips look great. My all time favorite gloss is DiorAddict lip gloss. It makes my lips look gorgeous and fuller. It's a bit costly for a gloss so I usually like smackers lip glosses for their smell and look on my lips, but lately I've been using baby lips lip gloss. It's hard to find a gloss that doesn't serve it's purpose of look great on most lips. If you've got a matte Color that doesn't look good on you try adding a clear or matching lip gloss on top. This may give you a whole new lipstick to love. A lot of us thin lipped girls try lipstick from time to time and feel we can't pull it off for whatever reason. The real reason is that it takes a lot for a lipstick to not look silly on a thin lip. My first tip there is that no matter how popular it gets don't over draw your lips. It looks ridiculous. You can see where your lip ends and that your lipstick goes over and onto your skin. It looks like a five year old did your makeup and that's what everyone in the real world will think as well. It's not cute and that trend needs to die. The most overdrawing acceptable is half on your lip line and half off. The amount is so small it's not even measurable, but honestly your best bet is to avoid that trendy "tip" all together. Find colors that go well with your skin tone. Finding your skin tone and colors to suit you is really easy online. Otherwise just try on colors until you find one you can stand. Then wear it all day and let it grow on you because if you usually don't wear lipstick it will seem weird at first so you will get a better gauge on how it looks after wearing for a while. Next you can use your lipstick as a liner. Use the pointy tip of your lipstick or the pointy tip of your applicator. If using your lipstick as liner make sure to use the lipstick at an angle during application so you always have that sharper edge.

That's all folks! Read my other blogs to find my social media. Rate, comment, subscribe. More coming soon 
Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment