Monday, September 5, 2016

Too Faced Better Than Sex Review and unretouched photos

 Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara Review!


So I've been saving up my point's at Sephora for idk what. Something great I guess. Problem is whether it's online or in store the "reward" you get for a minimum of $100 spent is really anticlimactic. I had over 400 points so at the end of my purchase the saleswoman asks if I want to spend any of my points. She kindly points out that I can pick any four items I want. They are all so tiny I almost don't want to waste my points on that. Honestly though I know it's always going to be that way so I look at the five options for the 100 point purchases. Remember $1 equals 1 point. They have some tiny skin care samples, a Better Than Sex Mascara Sample and a lipstick sample. The skin care sounds great but I know that two uses at most won't give me any sort of results from the skin care so I don't waste my points or my time on that.  I pick the tiniest lipstick sample. BITE beauty lipstick in Gazpacho. I also picked out the Too Faced Mascara. She bags up my purchases from my tiny Sephora Haul and then slips my samples in the cute white and black gift bag. She then slides out this flat drawar with no sides with decorative tissue paper and calmly but carefully grabs a piece and places it so perfectly inside the gift bag that includes my pricy purchase of which I have high expectations. For the $54 I spent on two things I felt a lot better after opening the bag and seeing four items. Obviously for the majority of us quality is better than quantity but it doesn't change the fact that $54 isn't chump change and it was nicer to see more product in the bag. Even if half of those items were free and almost so small they were nearly invisible lol.

 I get in the car and try on the Too Faced Melted Mattd lipstick in Queen B. I will do a review on that soon. I then hurry home and wash the makeup off my face so I can "play" with my new toys! I run to my bedroom and rip the tissue out of the bag and grab each thing swiftly. I then set everything side by side perfectly on the top of my dresser. I primer my face and eyes with moisturizers and primers and oil control lotions, etc. Then waving my hands, fanning my face, trying to hurry the drying process along because I'm so happy that I have these things. I'm like a kid in a candy store and I can't wait any longer to try this stuff out. I open all the boxes and slowly feel and look at each item again setting them perfectly side by side like I've got OCD. 


 I do my makeup as usual, than I open the UD Basics original palette and start doing my makeup. I then line my eyes and then add my foundation. Now after all of that I'm ready for the mascara. 

 I add one coat.

I'm pretty disappointed in the performance. Than I remember that I would never just use one coat of any mascara and that I shouldn't be so quick to judge before I'm finished. 

I add a second and third coat on one eye. I love long, thick, dark, blackest black lashes. It's one of the things I love most and changes my entire look with the right lash look. I'm pretty disappointed at this point. I grab my old faithful Loreal Telescopic and puf that on the other eye in two more coats. So now one eye has three coats of better than sex. The other eye has one base coat of better than sex and two coats of telescopic. Using two different mascaras has always been my go to anyway because it gives a look that you can't get from any one mascara. You must try it.


It's super easy. You put your first coat on of your thickening or plumping mascara. Then repeat on the next eye. Go back to the first eye and use your favorite blackening, colorful and/or lengthening mascara. Repeat on next eye. Add one more coat going back and forth if need be. You can use any of yiur favorite mascaras. Try different combinations to find your favorite.

My Telescopic mascara did the job much better. I like really long, plump, and black lashes. Those are the things that are important in my mascara, and while this Better Than Sex mascara is nice it just wouldn't be something I would spend over $20 on. It's got a cute design, has a soft black color, has a nice shaped and thick brush. Unfortunately I'm willing to say that this is mostly looks. I know a lot of people love this stuff and honestly if you already have great lashes added just want a little color and a tiny bit more thickness this would probably be perfect for you. I personally like the look of extreme lashes where I get asked constantly whether they are real or not. My perfect combination of mascaras for this is Telescopic as base maybe with primer underneath and then a couple coats of Diorshow mascara. If it gets chunky brush it out to seperate the lashes. The Telescopic brush is perfect for this. 

 Bottom line is it's ok if I were in an emergency situation. I will probably keep it in my purse for that since it is travel size but no, I wouldn't buy it or recommend it to anyone wanting major performance from their mascara. 
Same concept!

 I made another purchase in store at Sephora today. I got the Tartelette In Bloom Palette. I can tell you now that I swatched every palette at least reduce the last two days and this definitely had the best feel, performance and pigment. Let me see how it wears and I will come back with a tutorial and review within a few days. I have a ton of product reviews and tutorials coming up the next few days and my shipment from Sephora is coming in on Wednesday so follow me anywhere to keep up. I also bought Urban Decay Anti Aging primer so stay tuned for a primer off and reviews on the three primers I own.

Add me at Pinterest @callowayelizabeth twitter @snowbunnybeth90 like me on my Facebook page yarnandbeauty, check out my mirrored blog at yarnandbeauty.wordpress.com. YouTube videos are all I have left to add so stay tuned for that.

Comment, like and share.

Stay beautiful because you are!


No comments:

Post a Comment