Wednesday, September 14, 2016

KAT VON D LIQUID LIPSTICK REVIEW AND LOLITA ON PALE SKIN. HOT OR NOT?

KAT VON D LIQUID LIPSTICK IN LOLITA!
This lipstick is pretty much the same no matter what color you use. I have worn Bow and Arrow, Vampira, Lolita, Lolita II and a couple other colors in the solid lipstick form and the liquid form. The wear is all the same so my review is inclusive of all the colors but the color on my lips in all of these unretouched photos is Lolita Liquid Lipstick in it's most current formula. 
 I have worn this color and these lipsticks a few times and honestly I'm not a big fan of how watery the formula is going on. It makes it super hard to get a clean line and a good amount that's not too much or too little. A good way to combat this problem is to use a lip brush but it's unfortunate that it's not very easy to apply as is right out of the bottle. That being said it applies very thinly and I actually like that because that makes building the color super easy. If I want a super pigmented dark look it's easy. If I want a lighter look that's easy too. You can apply one layer or five layers throughout the day and honestly it looks just as nice. It doesn't get caky or streaky or anything like that with the addition of more product on top of product. Because this color is so thin and watery it's not at all sticky going on kinda like the Melted Mattes are. I don't like the look of glue between my lips as that particular brand is drying so I really do like that. The color is super pigmented and the amount in the tube lasts a while because the color is very long lasting. I can eat, smoke, drink, and basically live my life and still have color on mu lips 4 hours later. I'm about ready to reapply at that point but as I have said before if you want a product to last all day without having to reapply like The Bakery lipsticks you WILL be sacrificing comfort. Lipsticks like those zap all the moisture out of your lips causing a old and deeply wrinkled look that's so not sexy. You have to be willing to apply chapstick constantly and that takes away the matte look and honestly I'm not interested in all of that.
 
 That brings us to the best things about this lipstick. It is so very comfortable. Seriously!  Once it dries you can't feel it in your lips even a little bit. I honestly forget I'm wearing anything on my lips. I love that because I'm all about comfort and ease of use. This is so comfortable. I really just can't say that enough. That fact alone is worth the price tag to me. The matte look of this lipstick is great. It's a true matte without the dried look. Some people want the ultra matte look but again it looks like dry lips to me and that's just not sexy. This has a nice fleshy lip look that looks good on even super thin lips like mine. It's also very smoothe looking and the color has a very creamy look while still looking matte. At $20 it's a great deal honestly. It's super travel friendly and other than the few cons i listed and the ease of making a mess while this stuff is wet, it dries fairly quickly and so the cons aren't even that bit of a deal. I will definitely be repurchasing this product and recommending it to all my friends. I would tie this with the ABH liquid lipsticks and say it's much better than the Too Faced Melted Mattes, both of which I've reviewed semi recently if you're interested.



 This color in particular is sexy. I always cringe when trying to find colors that look good against my pale, Casper the friendly ghost type skin. Along with pink undertones it's been tough to find lipstick colors that don't wash me out and that I can wear during the day and just out and about in my day to day life. I've luckily found a few lately and this is one of them. I'm a big fan of this color. I personally think it looks great against my skin. I've also looked at a ton of other pictures of lip swatches and it looked great on any skin tone. I really love this lipstick and this color. I know it's one of their most popular and I can definitely see why. I'm not one to just follow the masses blindly because something is popular but this time I definitely see what the hype is all about. This lipstick is definitely pale girl approved!


Makeup used:
+kvd Liquid Lipstick in lolita 
+kvd lock it powder
+tarte tattelette in bloom palette smokeshow for eyeliner
+abh glow kit for eyes and face contouring and Highlight
+loreal Telescopic mascara
+diorshow dior mascara
+ud anti aging primer
+abh brow duo brush #14 for liner
+sephora large blending brush #27 
+cargo northern lights palette double ended brush


Thanks for reading this post! I promise youtube videos will start being up soon. Giveaways will start at 250 followers/ subscribers for monthly high end beauty products. There will always be at least one blog post a day about Makeup, hair and nail tutorials, reviews and more! Be the first to know when by following me everywhere!
Twitter @snowbunnybeth90 pinterest @callowayelizabeth instagram @buzzybee1990 facebook.com/yarnandbeauty yarnandbeauty.blogspot.com yarnandbeauty.wordpress.com

Stay beautiful ladies because that's exactly what you are! Mwah! Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment