Tuesday, September 20, 2016

COVERGIRL COLORLICIOUS LIPSTICK REVIEW & SWATCHES IN TEMPTED BERRY, ETERNAL RUBY & SWEET TANGERINE!

COVERGIRL COLORLICIOUS LIPSTICK REVIEW    & SWATCHES!
Let me apologize really fast for the influx of lipstick reviews. Reviews are great but I offer more so I will have three eye makeup tutorials for you here starting tonight and finished by tomorrow night at the latest. 
 Now let's get to the review about the Colorlicious collection as a whole and then I will make notes about the specific colors above each group of pictures of that color. 
 First off there's a pretty decent color collection of 36 colors. For some reason their are a lot of different colored packaging but other than the color it's the same style. The different colored packaging was and is really confusing to me. You would think they would maybe mean that something is color coded. For instance different finishes or different collections all together. It's just weird, and from trying to figure it out there was no explanation. Not even on their website. This is craziness. There's got to be a reason. Grom what I can tell it's just whatever color family it's in? Or maybe there's groups of certain colors because two that I'm reviewing had the same color packaging so it has to be something like that. I'm honestly not sure though. Just being honest. Other than that the packaging is sleek, colorful plastic with a see through bottom so you can see the color. I wouldn't count on that though since as you can see in all of the examples below it's quite a difference between that and what ends up on your lips. That's more of an actual con rather than a perceived con like the above problem. This particular problem makes it a bit of a gamble when purchasing a color. Especially if you know nothing about this collection and the colors run a bit darker or lighter than what you actually see in the tube. This is a fairly common thing that happens when it comes to lipstick but they are a lot worse off in that way than any other lipstick I have tried. It says on the website and advertisent it's a colorful collection that's extremely moisturizing with shea butter. I personally think it's greasy feeling and some of the darker colors are very patchy and there's not much pigment to any of them. I wore mine for a couple hours until I needed a reappliction. It's pretty much normwl, not worse and not better than most lipsticks in terms of lasting power. The lipstick is very inconsistent. I cut off the bottom of my lips in the photos where you could see it and I shouldn't have but it was ugly. There was like some thick line of lipstick with small chunks of lipstick in that thick line of the color Temted Berry. That was not used error since like I do with all lipstick I barely touched it to my lips while applicating the lipstick. I do this so I don't end up with a too thick mess since you can always add more but it's not easy to try and fix too much makeup of any kind. Basically the only good things about this collection are the selection of different colors, the cool design, they'd be good for someone looking for a really transparent lip stick and some of the colors are really frosty so that could be a plus for some people. It does moisturize your lips a bit but that also brings us to our condensed the list of cons. It's oily feeling, most colors are patchy, they aren't very pigmented and not super buildable in terms of color. I should mention since what I'm basing my opinion off of is important. I always try to look at a product for what it is and not compare it to what I know I like since that can hold you back from liking a lot of things and having an open mind about different things. I buy a lot of high end makeup, including lipstick so most of the lipsticks I like are high end. I don't really think that matters since some high end makeup sucks and some drug store makeup works better than most high end. I just recently started wearing lipstick the last couple months because I liked a more natural, seductive look. So because of that I was a lip gloss girl. After a lot of experimentation I've gotten used to how lipstick looks on me and even like it now, but I'm still very picky. I don't like looking like I drew on my lips with a melted crayon and that's how a lot of lipsticks look including this collection. Someone else may love this collection a lot but it's just not for me.
Eternal Ruby: This color wasn't bad. It doesn't match the picture and swatch that's advertised at all BUT it matches the color at the bottom of the lipstick tube, at least in pictures any way. I don't remember any of them being what I expected when I put them on my lips but this was the closest and out of the three the most wearable for this pale woman. It wasn't so much patchy as it was just straight out translucent. Each of these pictures is after one coat of lipstick. If you add more you can get a bit more color but it's already so greasy that I honestly wouldn't try it. It looks to me to be a pink/orange/red undertoned purple-dark pink/red. It's not an easy color to describe. It's definitely unique.







Sweet Tangerine: This color was super frost and transparent to me. It reminded me of that poor quality makeup with really weird colors you get in those childrens makeup kits as a young kid. This was slightly patchy and very translucent. I can't picture this color looking good on anyone. MAYBE someone with a dark complexion could pull it off, again maybe, but everyone else should choose a different color.










Tempted Berry: This is the very color that was super patchy and that weird consistency issue to the point of cropping the grossness out of the picture and deleting the originals which I completely regret doing now. I don't have lip lines and don't have the problem of lipstick bleeding into them but this lipstick made it look like it had somewhere to bleed into. It made little lines where there weren't any and just didn't apply well at all. It literally looked horrible and to make it work I had to clean it off the very top part of my lip. This is the worst out of them all. The other two are wearable but something is wrong with this colors formula. The color is kinda pretty but that's not worth all the other bullshit. 






Hope you enjoyed the review. You can find this online or drugstores or big box stores, anywhere where you find Covergirl. It gets an average of 3/5 stars between every site and every review I checked. Most people had complaints over lasting power and texture and of course there were people who were mostly happy with a few minor things they perceived as bad. This lipstick is nothing special but from $6.99 to $7.99 USD I didn't expect much. Some of these colors are worth that price but a lot are complete duds. Because of that do yourself a favor and open them up and try them at the store or make sure the place you purchase them from will let you refund or exchange if you are unsatisfied.

Thanks for reading!
Stay beautiful because that's what you are exactly the way you are!

Follow, subscribe, share, plus one, like, and all that jazz!
Twitter snowbunnybeth90 pinterest callowayelizabeth instagram buzzybee25 facebook.com/YARNANDBEAUTY YARNANDBEAUTY.BLOGSPOT.com YARNANDBEAUTY.WordPress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment