Saturday, September 3, 2016

ANOTHER BAD SEPHORA EXPERIENCE!


 A BAD SEPHORA EXPERIENCE!

So this experience is of my second Sephora purchase of this last month. August 2016. If you've been a follower of my blog or even just perused my almost 30 posts (so far), you've seen that my first purchase of the month was a total blow out. Enough to almost want to cut Sephora off for good. Especially since they never do anything to fix the problem and it makes them look dishonest. This second purchase was no different. It wasn't nearly as bad but it was the same type of dishonesty and the blatant showing of not wanting to fix the problem.

So with this order I ordered the Too Faced Bon Bons Palette after looking through the website multiple times and going to the store to check out all the palettes and try them out or swatch them. I fell in love with this palette in store but couldn't afford to buy it on the spot like my review of this palette explains in another post. 

 Not that I would have bought it on the spot anyway despite how much I wanted it because patience is a virtue. Not to mention I'm a sucker for a good deal or at least free stuff. With the cost of these products I at least wanted some free samples and you get three with every online order as opposed to no samples with your in store purchase. That is of course, unless you ask for perfume samples, which I do, but there's no purchase necessary for those. 

So anyway, I purchased the above mentioned palette and the Urban Decay Spectrum palette that's on sale now for almost half off at $29. You really can't beat that for a full size UD palette that had a great variety of colors. I just couldn't pass up this deal and I suggest you don't either because it won't be around forever. This palette is an online exclusive for Sephora and I'm guessing it's on sale because they are getting rid of the rest of their stock of this palette and won't be restocking it so if you ever did or do want this palette don't wait much longer. I love it. A review is coming shortly so keep an eye out for that along with some tutorials.

 I think that's all I bought and I got some samples I think but for some reason I can't find them at the moment. I know one was some sort of powder exfoliating face wash that worked great but I will find them and review that stuff for you guys too.

 What was fixed this time from last time is that I didn't screw up the address and have to call and try to fix it and get lied to so it showed up on time with the samples they promised. Almost anyway. We will get to that part shortly though.

Ups dropped it off and set it inside my door as that's what I ask of them with a note on my front door because I can't always hear the door depending on the area of the house I'm in.
Ups is always great. They tried to fix the last problem even when Sephora didn't try and even though they tried Sephora screwed me over then too, but that's all in the other rant.

 Anyway, Sephora has these deals where if you purchase a specific thing you can use a specific code to get a specific sample or bag or something. Otherwise if it's not a specific thing it's a specific amount you have to spend over to get to use the code for your choice of a few select deluxe sample sized items or whatever is being offered. 

 One of the items being offered was a deluxe sample sized Kat Von D Lolita liquid lipstick. I was excited about this. They had a couple other types of makeup, skin and haircare sample codes for the same requirement, but this is what I really wanted. I had wanted to try this out for quite some time but there was always something else I wanted more. So basically this was my chance to try this scot free. No risk Involved. If I didn't like it, oh well. I don't wear that much lipstick anyway as I prefer lip gloss (like dioraddict gloss. That's my fav. Review soon to come.). So it probably would have lasted me quite some time and I could have gotten a good feel of whether or not I liked it enough to want to spend $20 on a lip product. 

 Needless to say, I was really pretty excited. I was obviously excited for the entire order because yes admittedly I've made three expensive (for me) orders this month, but before that I can't remember the last time I got some new high end makeup. 

 So I go online to my account on the Sephora website to get my tracking number and check the order status once it was finally sent out. I check the order overview and see the samples they chose to send and see that almost everything was sent out. Keyword almost. The KVD Lolita Liquid Lipstick sample was out of stock. What the hell. Ok, calm down. There's got to be something in there to replace it since they have a disclaimer stating they have the right to replace any samples if they run out of something. Granted this was a deluxe size sample, but as I told you before this wasn't the only deluxe sample to choose from with your order of over $25.

 So I check my email. Nothing. They didn't ask if I wanted to choose another sample or tell me they were going to replace it with something else.
 Fine. I understand they're a big company and they can't communicate about every little thing. Whatever. There's got to be something in there.

 I get the package on time four days later. Three day shipping and a processing day. I open the package and take the palettes out and grab the samples. Theres three. I shake out the folded up receipt and the packing paper. Nothing. I can't believe this. I spend the required amount and get nothing. Not even a fourth regular size sample. 

 What if I had ordered from sephora instead of ulta to get this sample instead of another deal that ulta was offering? Is that how you treat your customers? What if someone didn't intend to spend but $20, than they see the sample you're advertising that they can get if they spend more money so they do and than they get nothing. Both of these scenarios are quite likely along with many other scenarios. It was not right of them to leave me with nothing when I spent the right amount of money, entered the code, the code was accepted, the sample added to my order and than cancelled when if I would have picked any other sample from those categories I would have gotten it. 

 They should have replaced it with something. Anything. A lot of people spend more money at Sephora as opposed to another store for the samples, deals, free stuff and beauty points and to just screw me over like that really sucks when I've been a loyal beauty rewards member and customer since I was 17 so almost 9 years ago.

 With everything that had happened a little more than a week before I'm pretty upset. I'm not even attempting contacting their customer service after all the lies they told me last time and their inability to fix a problem. If I were anybody else I would just go to Ulta.com. They give samples too. If I didn't have so many unused beauty points that I'm saving up for something big I would too and probably eventually will one day soon.

 I am now currently waiting on my third and last order of the month. The order was made on the last day of August so I'm counting it even though it will arrive in September. 

 I ordered Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in Sun Dipped, DiorShow Mascara, Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in the Color Crush, Kat Von D Lock It Powder Foundation in color medium 52 because I returned the liquid Lock it foundation I purchased in my first order to the Sephora store to trade in for the powder but I was still tanning and I'm not anymore so now it's too dark and I need a lighter color. I returned the liquid because I'm oily and it broke me out and the powder doesn't but it gives me long lasting full coverage which is important because of my acne. I obviously spent over $25 So this time I ordered the Make Up Forever Hd Foundation Deluxe sample in Sand. It says it's shipped but doesn't say what other samples they shipped this time so we will see how it goes. Let's hope this is a bump free ride this time. I can't take anymore drama from them this month.

Reviews and tutorials to come on all the products mentioned so like,
subscribe, share, and all that jazz.

Add and follow at
Yarnandbeauty.wordpress.com
Yarnandbeauty.blogspot.com
Instagram @buzzybee1990
Twitter @snowbunnybeth90
Pinterest @callowayelizabeth

Facebook and youtube coming soon!

Giveaways to start after I get 250 subscribers between all of these social media platforms and they will be monthly or more high end beauty giveaways. 

Feel free to comment and request reviews, tutorials, recipes and more and give me your opinions and share your stories. I would love to hear them and make friends with all of you. Have a great day.
Rememeber you're beautiful the way you are and don't let anyone else tell you different! Xoxo
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment