Wednesday, September 28, 2016

LANCOME JUICY SHAKERS LIP OIL REVIEW AND SWATCHES IN BOOM-MERINGUE!

Lancome JUICY SHAKERS Lip Oil Review!
& swatches in Boom-meringue!


Both swatches above taken on my lips shortly after application in the "color" or "flavor" Boom-Meringue.
Boom-Meringue (above)


                          Berry In Love (above, and what I feel is the "darkest color")


17 "flavors" at 0.22 oz $21.00 USD a piece.
So let's first talk about what the expectation was. I don't like to expect much of anything from a product I have no experience with (other than that it won't suck balls.) Because I don't want to be one of those people giving super biased reviews because we were hoping it would be like something else from another brand that we loved. I want to give a totally honest review based on this product and not comparing it to any others. Sometimes I compare but I let you know when and the reason why and it's usually a very small part of my review, but today you're very lucky because before this I can't remember ever trying a lip oil so this is my first so it's definitely unbiased. So let's get started.

From the Sephora website:

What it is: 
An addictive lip oil with a super-soft cushion applicator for a wash of color with a hint of shine. 

What it does: 
Juicy Shaker’s bi-phase technology delivers the first pigmented lip oil with two distinct phases. The first phase features a transparent oil for a comfortable, non-sticky shine. Formulated with a blend of five nourishing oils, it treats your lips like a lip balm. Peach kernel oil, a well-known emollient, softens lips while sweet almond oil conditions, apricot oil hydrates, and cranberry oil provides rich antioxidant properties. Muscat rose oil, which is rich in essential fatty acids, helps to soothe your lips. The second phase provides pigment for a touch of color. Shake the bottle like a cocktail shaker to emulsify them together. The cushion applicator enhances application by delivering the perfect amount of non-sticky shine and a sheer tint of color to lips.


So let's see what it really offers from the sales pitch. First off it is really not sticky. I didn't know what to expect from a lip oil since we all know that when you think of oil you think of thick, sticky, ickyness. Yummy! Lol jk.

 Fortunately for all of us they are definitely telling the truth in their ad. It is very comfortable and soothing. It feels like a very thin and breathable oil. It's not anything I would have expected to like but hey I'm usually a lipgloss kind of girl so who was I kidding anyway. 
 It's really nothing like a lip gloss. Not in the sense of how it feels anyway. It's very sheer and all you notice is a slight moisture. Kinda like a very sheer and slightly more slippery lip balm. That's the best I can describe it. It really is in a category all it's own. About here is where I might compare it to something for you that you probably had tried but I really can't. It's totally unique. In a good way, and I love that!

It is exactly like oil and water in the bottle. Like the ad says above the "first phase" are the oils and the "second phase" is the color. Or that's what they said anyway. You have to shake it up before you use it. Not sure what would happen if you didn't but I'm sure it wouldn't be too much different. Maybe less color? Idk. I can't tell which end is supposed to be oil and which end is color. 
You can see the difference between shaken and not in the top and bottom pics here.


 It says that it gives you intense moisture (pretty much.) And then gives you a wash of color. Obviously in reality this would all happen at once since theres only one applicator. I have only tried the color that came with the Sephora Give Me Some Lip Set which is Boom-Meringue. Not sure I would have tried it had it not been in that set honestly. I mean at $21.00 a pop there's a lot more different lip colors and formulas I would choose above this and if I wanted a lip gloss look I would probably just go back to my old childhood favorite that hasn't failed me yet and tastes and smells amazing (the boys really love it! Wink! Wink!). Smackers anyone? Yum! Anyway, back to the product at hand. No I wouldn't have chosen it and out of everything In the set it was the only full size I believe and the one I was the least excited about. I mean boom-meringue? Really? Out of all the colors and flavors you could have chosen you give me this one? It must have been the least popular. Idk. The "wash of color" they speak of is something I really don't see. In my bottle it's a nice, pretty soft and sparkly, light pink. On my lips its basically clear and building the color? Not gonna happen. I would definitely choose a darker color if you want any color to show up at all. I will show you some lip swatches I found online of the other colors below so you can see what I mean. If you're looking for a nice pigmented shade or lip stain you're not going to find it here in this product. I'm only saying this because I could see how you might get that impression from just looking at the product.





What you do get is a very long lasting, very lightweight oily lip gloss/ lip shine. It doesn't have much if any color in a lot of these but it has a touch of color in some of the darker shades so if you're a lip tint kind of girl I would suggest giving this a shot.
Honestly I would recommend trying this to anyone. There's really nothing bad about it other than the pigmentation. Winter is coming and this is going to be one of my favorites in the drying weather. Hello chapped lip blocker! If you have chapped lips or dry lips I can see this fixing that problem. This is a very moisturizing product. I really just cannot say this enough. My lips feel so good hours later after this has worn off. I really just have nothing negative to say.

Now, the last thing I want to discuss about the juicy shaker is the packaging and the applicator/ application process. The package is very cute. As you have seen here it's a little clear bottle with a metal top. The shape of it is very cute and when you open it up to and take the top off to see the little attached "strainer" inside it gives the feel of a martini shaker. So cute! The applicator is a thick sponge that is cone shaped. Thicker towards the handle and coming to a round point at the bottom. There's no way to add more product to it. Whats on the sponge is what you get until you use it and shake it again. Usually one application has more than enough oil though so I wouldn't worry about that. It's a little weird to get used to. The sponge is kinda gooey. Like memory foam that's wet with oil? It doesn't give any control over a precise application so that's a little tough, but there's really no color so pressing your lips together to blend or using your finger to clean up or spread out shouldn't be too big of a deal if the applicator didn't meet all of your needs. 
All in all I love the packaging and after getting used to the short handle and weird shape of the applicator it's not that bad either. The whole thing is just adorable.


Last but certainly not least, the biggest selling point to these are the scents and flavors. For Boom-Meringue I was expecting a citrus smell but I was pleasantly surprised to get a nice sweet fruity smell. There was no taste that I noticed but I wasn't looking for one either because I didn't know it was supposed to have one until now. The only thing I noticed was the scent. The only thing that tells me is that sensitive people won't be overpowered by scents and tastes of this product. It's very toned down and the scent is just a little treat when you first put it on. It is a product teens and mature adults alike will love I think. Go out and try one. At the very least your lips will thank you for treating them so well.
It's like aromatherapy on your lips!
Thanks for reading my reviews ladies! Lots more to come in the next few days especially, along with lots of tutorials so stay tuned!

Follow, share, comment, plus one, and all that jazz!
Twitter snowbunnybeth90 pinterest callowayelizabeth instagram buzzybee25 facebook.com/YARNANDBEAUTY
YARNANDBEAUTY.BLOGSPOT.com
YARNANDBEAUTY.wordpress.com



 Stay beautiful gorgeous women because that's exactly what you are!
Xoxo

(Me in the makeup I did a tutorial for in the post right before this one! Check it out)


1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure why but this blog is loading extremely slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a issue on my end? I'll check back later and see if the problem still exists. price of pen eyeliner

    ReplyDelete