Saturday, September 10, 2016

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS LIQUID LIPSTICK REVIEW AND SWATCHES IN CRUSH!

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS LIQUID MATTE                                 LIPSTICK IN CRUSH!

If you've read my blog at all recently you know my most recent Sephora shipment came in about three days ago. 
 I ripped into the package as if I was a little kid on Christmas morning. I always do though l, so that's not much of a difference lol. I opened every package and looked at each item. Then I grabbed this Lipstick. The much loved and praised matte lipstick, Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick. I remember before the order was actually placed I was searching through every lipstick Sephora offered than it came down to this lipstick or the Melted lipsticks from Too Face. At the time I didn't own any melted lipsticks. I had purchased one at the Sephora store a couple hours after the order had placed just on a whim. 

 To figure out exactly which one I should purchase I did what I usually do. I started googling reviews first on both lipsticks. After that I looked up random lip swatches of them to see how they looked on. Then I checked the color selection. The Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick won out because the Lipstick had a smoother look and I liked the selection of colors just a bit better. 

 At first I was hesitant about picking a color I had never work because with my pale skin with pink undertones lipstick and I haven't ever really matched up. It always looked very out of place on my face. I think that was partially because I had it in my head that I couldn't pull it off and that only lipgloss would look good on me. I think that's because I wear such heavy eye makeup daily and I didn't want to look like a "painted lady". Fortunately there is a way to wear lipstick that doesn't look too made up when wearing it along with other make up.




 I didn't want too dark of a color because my lips are thin and I would never want to sacrifice my eye makeup and my eyes being the main focus of my face since they are my best feature.

 If you wear dark lipstick along with colorful or dark eye makeup it can look a bit childish and overdone. So I wanted a nude lip. Almost. I knew I couldn't pull off a completely nude lip with my pale skin. I would have looked completely washed out. Kind of like a ghost. There was a color I had decided on at first called Pure Hollywood and I'm lucky I'm pretty obsessive and continued looking for swatches of this color because I ended up finding a comparative photo showing how the similar colors differ (photo below). Because of this I realized just how nude my original choice was, how much I would have hated it and instead found a good alternative with a bit of pink in it.

 Crush is coined as a Beige color with a bit of pink. I think it's better described in person as a medium nude pink. It really is a gorgeous color and my pictures that have not been retouched give a true representation of the real life color 


 I have worn this constantly for three days. The color goes on very wet and not thick at all. It's a bit watery but not messy or too thin. I actually like the texture ok. I honestly would have preferred a thicker texture going on but i understand that it would affect the end result and texture had it been different going on so I can totally understand that. The color gives you a good 20-30 seconds before it starts drying so you can use your lip brush or finger to get it perfectly in place. 


It dries to a silky smooth matte finish. It doesn't sink into lines like crazy or dry your lips so much that it shrivels them up causing deep, ugly lines inside your lip that are made more apparent by the Lipstick. You do need to reapply every few hours but as I have explained in past lipstick posts if you don't want the Lipstick to dry your lips out to the point of cracking and have them feel uncomfortable and tight all day staying power is something you have to sacrifice. For a creamy feeling, moisturizing and velvety texture I will take a couple reapplications a day. Those all day mattes really hurt my lips and that may be worth it to some but just not for me. 



There is very little transfer. I noticed some on my straw less than an hour later but when I kissed my hand I could see almost nothing that transferred. I love the velvety look of it and it has quickly become my favorite lipstick that I couldn't live without. That's pretty crazy considering I have always been a clear lipgloss girl usually. I love this though and I recommend it to any of my friends or readers. I will definitely be buying more colors as soon as I can so stay tuned for more lip swatches.




Twitter @snowbunnybeth90  pinterest @ callowayelizabeth instagram @ buzzybee1990 Facebook page @ yarnandbeauty and personal Facebook Elizabeth calloway! Blogs are yarnandbeauty.blogspot.com and yarnandbeauty.wordpress.com!

Like, plus one, subscribe, follow and all that jazz. 

Stay beautiful because that's what you are! This makeup look is in a tutorial of it's own one post previous to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment