Monday, September 19, 2016

NARS SATIN LIP PENCIL IN MAJELLA REVIEW & LIP SWATCHES

NARS SATIN LIP PENCIL REVIEW &
MAJELLA SWATCHES
Now keep in mind that I haven't been so impressed with a lipstick in quite some time so this is going to be quite the love fest lol. So if you want to know why keep reading but if you just wanted to know whether or not I would recommend it I would and yes it's definitely worth the money. 
So at $26 USD a pencil it's kinda up there in price for me and the majority of us. Luckily, I have a sis in law who keeps her makeup in the bathroom that I can try out whenever. So that's what I did tonight with all of her lipsticks, hence the huge influx in lipstick swatch and review blogs tonight lol. Anyway, out of everyone she had from Kat von d liquid lipstick, to kvd studded kiss, to Urban Decay Vice Cream Lipstick, to drugstore brands, this was my favorite out of every single one of them. I've been on the matte lipstick trend along with everybody else even though it's really not for thin lipped girls. Luckily, with the right lipsticks and colors I've seemed to have been able to pull it off. I never liked lipstick on me before honestly. I was always a lip gloss girl. And I still am. That will always be my go to because it magnifies thin lips but I've been lucky to have a some nice makeup gifted to me lately and a couple matte lipsticks were a part of that and I've been wearing them for months.
I'm a pale skinned, thin lipped woman and lipstick always made me feel like I am washed out. I could never find a color that looked good on me and I realized that's because I listened to beauty magazines where they think one size.fits all. Like what they would say a lot is that someone with my skin tone should wear blue based reds and colors that look crazy on me. They always said that I should never wear orange based colors and that I should really never wear an orange based red. What I found recently when I had the guts to spend a day in lipstick that originally made me uncomfortable is that by the end of the day it didn't look so bad to me and I got compliments Throughout that day as well. Now I am full comfortable in lipstick and don't go by what should be but what is. I look up lipsticks I like and then look up swatches and find girls with my skin tone and hair color and see how it looks if I'm shopping online and if I'm shopping in store I just try on what I think would look pretty and it usually does so just trust your instincts. If all else fails, buy from sephora so if you hate it you can return it even if it's used.
Now that I've wasted a ton of your time with shit you probably already knew let's get down to brass tax and get this review party started gorgeous babes!
So this is a not a lip liner pencil but it's not a chubby pencil either. It's like two #2 pencils in one in terms of thickness. It's not super short nor what I would consider long but it's got a decent amount. Really it's probably the same amount as most tube lipsticks. 
 It goes on with a solid glossy feel. It doesn't feel oily or wet. 
 The great thing about this is that it was super easy to line my lips with. That is so awesome to me because I don't use lip liner because I hate purchasing lip liner when I'm already spending money on lipstick, and because I feel it is a two in one in that sense I believe that it is a good deal despite the price especially if you're one to buy corresponding lip liner to your lipstick.
Other than that the color is super pigmented without too much shine. There is a bit of transfer but it's not a dry matte lipstick either so to expect that would be a bit naive. Just saying. 
The color is so sexy when you're talking about majella. I'm pale with a ton of pink undertones and this is a red I could pull of daily and not only that but from the swatches I've seen and how I see the color I don't think it would look less than sexy as hell on anyone who decided to take a risk and where a full on red lip. Most of us feel we can't pull that off, especially daily but this lipstick would be a great starter red for day to day and it would give you that bit of glamour that makes you feel sexy and always gives you a pick me up on any kind of day no matter what's going on. 
It's been a long time since I've fallen in love with a lipstick but I love this color and I love the formula, the ease of use, the look, the sleek and understated but sexy packaging. You would not be disappointed In your purchase. I've worn a lot of lipstick from Christian Dior DiorAddict all the way down to Sephora Brand and Maybelline and this would be one that I would love to wear daily. Nars really hit it out of the park with this Satin Lip Pencil and this color Majella!





Twitter snowbunnybeth90 pinterest callowayelizabeth instagram buzzybee1990 facebook.com/yarnandbeauty YARNANDBEAUTY.BLOGSPOT.com and YARNANDBEAUTY.wordpress.com

Follow, like, share, plus one and all that jazz.

Stay beautiful ladies because that's exactly what you are, just the way you arr and don't let anyone tell you different!

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment