Saturday, September 17, 2016

Kat von d studded kiss lipstick review and cathedral lipstick.swatches

KAT VON D STUDDED KISS LIPSTICK REVIEW
AND CATHEDRAL LIP SWATCHES!
I wasn't really sure what to expect from this lipstick. I hadn't heard much about it but I've been a big fan of all of the KVD products so I just had to try one. I will be trying Vampira on tomorrow for you all but tonight I needee something a little more down to earth since I was wearing my Serpentina Palette on my eyes today and Vampira would have just been overkill with that look. The tutorial for the eye look is the list just previous to this one
Anyway let's get into the review. I loved the packaging. It was very sexy and unique. I liked how rocker chic it is. It opens easily and when it's very travel friendly since it won't just pop open at inopportune times like when it's just bouncing around in your purse. With all the spikes I figured it would be uncomfortable to hold and apply but it wasn't at all. I give the packaging an A.

Next up is the color. In the tube, In person the color Cathedral looked almost like a medium/light purple/maroon? And idk if I'm color blind but how it looked on my lips is nothing like it looked in the tube. Maybe I'm colorblind but that fact scares me enough that I would probably never purchase this anywhere I couldn't try it on first. The lipstick went on with a very creamy feeling. It was like a creme matte. It wasn't quite as matte as the liquid lipsticks but it wasn't shiny at all. I have read a lot of bad things about this lipstick in the last ten minutes and I really can't say for the whole collection but at least for Cathedral it's a very comfortable, non drying formula with a very pretty color that looks good on my pale skin but I think would look great on most other skin tones. It was pigmented enough to be buildable. In the pictures I only had one coat on but I can make it as dark as I want by just adding a couple more layers. This particular color wasn't patchy at all. The pigmentation was actually perfect. I prefer buildability so I can have super pigmented color or a more toned down look but it's not very sheer or drowning with pigment so if either of those things are what your looking for than you can make it happen with this but it takes a little longer than just one swipe. 
I have been wearing it for five hours now and my lips aren't dry at all and the color will probably need a reappliaction in the next hour or so. So the ten hour wear promise doesn't really speak for this particular color but it still wears for quite a long time when you think of everything you do with your mouth like eating, smoking, biting nails, etc. Or maybe that's all just me lol but I think it held up pretty well compared to some other lipsticks. I wouldn't choose this over the liquid lipstick but it's still not bad. I give this an overall grade of B+. I probably won't be purchasing any more buy I will wear the ones I have. I wouldn't say don't buy it buy I would say buy somewhere with a return policy like sephora so if you don't like it you can return it.










What's your favorite lipstick?
Twitter snowbunnybeth90 pinterest callowayelizabeth instagram buzzybee1990 facebook.com/yarnandbeauty 
YARNANDBEAUTY.BLOGSPOT.com
YARNANDBEAUTY.wordpress.com
YouTube coming soon babes!

Stay beautiful because that's exactly what you are just the way you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment