Saturday, September 3, 2016

BLUE NAIL ART FOR SHORT NAILS! OPI FALL 2016!



For fall of 2016, these nail tutorials are quick and easy enough for even the most paint challenged of us all. Obviously clean up the edges with a q-tip drenched with nail polish remover. 
step 1: paint with your base color over the entire nail. One or two coats. 
step 2: paint your contrast color in a thick diagonal motion in just one or two sweeps so it looks as nice and uniform as possible. You can also do this in one or two coats depending on the saturation of your color and your desired result.
step 3: with a purchased dotting tool or a straightened out Bobby pin end, or a tooth pic or whatever you can find to make dots start making dots down the line where the two colors meet. 
step 4: add a top coat. For this look I prefer a shiny coat but any type of top coat will work (matte, sparkle, etc. Make it your own).
Nail polishes used. Opi russian navy. Essie robins egg blue. Sally hansen white. Top coat is Sally hansen miracle gel step two. This is my all time favorite top coat out of all the shiny top coats I have tried.
These three nail posts from today are somewhat older posts from my WordPress blog at yarnandbeauty.wordpress.com that I'm moving over here. They will still be there but I want them here too. I've changed my blogging style a bit since these that's why the tutorial style may seem a bit different.
Twitter snowbunnybeth90
Pinterest @callowayelizabeth
Instagram @buzzybee1990

No comments:

Post a Comment