Wednesday, August 17, 2016

My horrible Sephora experience!

  

 My horrible experience with Sephora!

I got my package from sephora today.

 Let me bitch a little about there horrid customer service. 
I ordered my products online, actually a friend ordered them online for me as a gift. I ordered the new Kat Von D Serpentina palette and the KVD Lock It Liquid Foundation in shade 52. (Can I just say YEEESSS!) Reviews to come on these later. I picked out my samples and Murad Invisiblur was one. I got a couple others and throughout the week I will be reviewing every product. 
 So my friend ordered it with the last two numbers on my house number wrong. 
It's just plainly an address that doesn't exist, but they didn't catch that. 

He called immediately that morning (less than 8 hours later) to fix it. At first they have an automated message saying nothing can be changed on an order already made but then after talking to some dumbo they said it could be changed and that they had updated the address. Less than a minute later an email was received saying the address has been updated but the address stated the wrong address still.

 He assumed it just hadn't changed in the system and we just watched the tracking. It finally gets to Louisville in the 3 day shipping window, so on the third day, and UPS states on their website that the address does not exist and that they are contacting the shipper to update the information. A few hours later the message had changed to "shipper requested package be returned." Well, needless to say I was piiiisssed! Not only did they have the first chance to fix the address but on the second opportunity when all they had to do was tell UPS the updated address they chose to be lazy and just ask that it be returned. 

So I emailed them. They say "We can't verify that you're the purchaser so we need this, this and this information to verify." I immediately get and then give this information to them. Then shortly after they email me back saying "We can't help you because you're requesting your package be sent out to you again and you need to contact us by phone." Fine. Whatever, but why even say that you needed more information to verify after I clearly explained the problem and the solution I wanted and then tell me after back and forth emails that you can't help me through email? So frustrating!

 Alas, this is not the end. It should have been but no. You would think they would just return the original package but they repackaged it with different samples and it had to go through the entire picking, packing and processing again so the shipping somehow took even longer than before! The samples! Oh, the samples! I was so excited about this sample of Urban Decay eyeshadow in a shimmer shade of orangey red called Fireball. 

I was just as excited about this as the other things I actually ordered but per the trend of my experience they don't send that and only send me 3 different primers. There was no variety and the samples were barely sample sized. Especially the Murad Invisiblur. It was a 1 1/2in x 1 1/2 in square paper/foil packet and when squeezed while closed you couldn't even tell if there was anything in there. It legit felt empty! I opened it and got some out and wore it from morning until I had to wash it off late. Review of that immediately after this.
In closing, I usually love sephora. Their return policy is great and when their saleswomen aren't acting supremely snobby they can be helpful as well. I understand they want to have this view of them that they are the best of the best and only cater to the best

 but when you treat your customers like they are unimportant you directly affect your customer base. I will most likely never order from them online again, I will stick to shopping in their store purely for the reason of horrible and dishonest customer service. As excited as I was about this product I would have understood if they would have stuck with the mantra that nothing can be changed after an order. It would have sucked but I would get it, but to lie and say it's fixed and have two chances to get it to me on time and on the first order I'm very unhappy.

 The packaging was good. A medium size card board box with one layer of packing tape across the opening and about an inch down each side, a blank packing paper folded and a packing slip. My make up arrived in tact and without damage after a week and a half, but that was the only acceptable part about the entire order and even that was not over the top. Any big bumps or drops I could definitely see the makeup breaking.

If you order from sephora make sure to never make a mistake and if you care about your samples pick them out online, not that that's any sort of guarantee since they can amd often do substitute samples for any and all reasons. So good luck!

 My youtube channel will be starting up again soon so subscribe here for more reviews, tutorials, information on my channel, etc and leave your comments below. I would love to hear of your experiences with sephora or other beauty retailers. If and when I get 250 subscribers I will start monthly beauty giveaways so share with your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment