Monday, August 29, 2016

DIORSHOW MAXIMIZER MASCARA PRIMER REVIEW! HOT OR NOT? && random girl power inspiration! Stop slut shaming!

Diorshow Maximizer Mascara Primer Review! Hot??

So I have seen this advertised at and by Sephora for quite some time now and finally got a sample of my own. It's fairly new and I had extremely high hopes since the Diorshow Mascara is my all time favorite mascara out of all the mascaras, high or low end. I don't generally get to have it often since it is $30  but for those of you who are going to or can spend that anyway I would suggest it. It lengthens like no other, has the blackest of black color, and makes your lashes so so thick. It really is an amazing mascara.


Knowing this I'm sure you can expect that I was expecting to get the same out of this primer. The idea is that I could use this primer with any mascara and get the look of the diorshow mascara and if used with the diorshow mascara that it would go above and beyond it's original use.


Sephora advertises this "Maximizer" as the perfect mascara primer.



From the sephora website:
What it is: 
A lash primer with an air-pumped texture that coats each lash with a dense, lightweight layer to intensify the effects of the mascara. (Sounds like a foam brick or not very sexy but warm fabric lol.)


What it does: 
Enriched with Pure WhiteTM complex, this primer reveals the optimal color and intensity of lashes. Its revitalizing oil serum concentrate improves thickness, curl, and the look of lashes for ever-increasing results, application after application. 

Research results: 
In a clinical evaluation on 31 women after 8 weeks of application: 
- Subjects reported 73% more curl 

In instrumental tests on 21 subjects, comparison of bare lashes vs. lashes with Diorshow Maximizer 3D and Diorshow mascara: 
- Subjects reported 90% more curl 
- Subjects said lashes looked 38% longer.
Sounds like maaaagiiicc!

So I used this without looking or hoping for anything specific. I put it on as one coat and couldn't even see the product so I used three coats until I could see a bit of white on each lash. It wasn't what I expected during application. I had hoped my lashes would be easily coated in this fluffy white liquid. 

Nope. Not even close. So oh well, maybe it's not supposed to be that way. After letting it sit for a few seconds, not letting it dry but not applying right after application, I applied my mascara. I use Telescopic mascara. It's a great mascara that offers everything I love from Diorshow. It's not quite as great but it gets a job done. 

I was very disappointed. It didn't add to my lashes at all. Not initially or throughout the day. It was like I didn't even use it. It wouldn't have made a difference whether I had or not. It looked exactly the same. It doesn't do much. I'd rather just use my telescopic and another mascara, since as I've stated before using two different mascaras is just an amazing trick for huge lashes but here's an
Example below of what I experienced: (left eye primed with Diorshow Maximizer and right eye without primer, both used two coats of telescopic on front and back of lashes.): 


If I didn't want to spend $60 on mascara by buying the Diorshow Maximizer AND Mascara and could only choose one I would definitely choose the mascara. The mascara does everything the primer promises to do. I know this isn't a review on the Diorshow mascara, but honestly it's a great comparison tool since this did so horribly on it's own. Most Dior and Diorshow products are amazing! I love their five piece eyeshadows, airflash foundation, lip gloss, lipstick, mascara, etc. And so I was "primed" (excuse the pun lol) to love this primer. I really, reeeaaally wanted to love this. 

Unfortunately though, I cannot lie. This would be an expensive purchase and I just could never convince myself to even buy this for $5, much less the $30 that it costs not including tax. The formula left much to be desired and so no I would not recommend this to a friend.

This is what it's supposed to look like before and after:

And you seen what it looked like before and after on me.

Let me know if you've tried this with the Diorshow mascara and if that made a difference since maybe that's how it's supposed to be used. 

On the other hand let me know if you've tried it with any mascara and it didn't do a thing for you either.

We ladies have to be honest with each other even it comes to the "big and bad" world of corporate America. American business and advertising giants are great at making things sound and even look a certain way. For example on any mascara commercial you see on T.V. You will see that they always say at the bottom very quickly and in very tiny letters that the model is wearing some form of false eyelashes. Unfortunately we are sucked in by all the gimmicks and end up wasting our money so we need to be honest when we love a product and when we don't. Even if that means just leaving a simple honest review anywhere online. 


Next blog post coming up within the next 24 hours will be on some of the worst gimmicky makeup and beauty products and worst trends as of late to kind of prove my point that you need to do your own research before buying into too good to be true claims. They usually fall very much short of what they promise. Always make sure there's some sort of return policy or satisfaction guarantee because you shouldn't just throw it in your makeup drawer and think "oh well, it happened again." And let them get away with it. Always at least get your money back or trade in for something else you love. I do it all the time. 

Also coming up soon is more Too Faced Bon Bon, UD spectrum, and KVD Serpentina Palette Tutorials and another BAD Sephora experience right after the last one. 
A bon bon tutorial coming in the near future.

Check out my other blog posts, share and google plus me, pinterest me @callowayelizabeth, Twitter me @snowbunnybeth90, facebook me @ elizabeth calloway in louisville and stay tuned for my soon to be up Youtube page and almost daily if not more than daily blog posts. Feel free to comment or message with requests.

And this is something near and dear to mine and a lot of young girls, teens and women's hearts. I will be addressing this soon and off and on on my blog and youtube.
Remember to always treat each other with kindness. Don't be catty and two faced. Always be the kind of friend you would want someone to be to you and see the beauty inside everyone because there isn't only one kind of pretty no matter what advertising and modeling agencies try to push on you. Confidence is sexy and that makes you sexier than most women who just have a pretty face. 







Be fearless to be you!


Because it took me a long time to accept me but now I'm always fearless being me!

No comments:

Post a Comment