Saturday, August 20, 2016

KAT VON D SERPENTINA PALETTE TUTORIAL

      


  KAT VON D SERPENTINA PALETTE TUTORIAL


So I have already reviewed and unboxed this tutorial in the post right before this one so I won't waste any time doing that. I will say that this palettes ease of use is amazing and the staying power leaves nothing to be desired at all. I have used most of these colors and used them all for swatches and with enough color there's no patchy colors and you barely have to use any color for great color payoff on most.

The tools I used are my Anastasia angled brow brush #14. Any angled eyeliner or eyebrow brush will do. You could even use a straight cut brush like Anastasia Beverly Hills #20 if you are more talented but for the new or the some of us who aren't great at winged eyeliner this brush makes it so you can literally make any eyeliner easy enough that a kindergartener could do it.
Next up, of course I used the KVD Serpentina palette in the colors Nile and Medusa.
Then you can use any eyeliner but I love using fibers for the natural long eyelash look without being too club ready with the usual drugstore fake eyelashes. So for my mascara I use Younique brand fiber mascara step 1. I like their fibers but I ran out so I'm using Tarte Best In Faux fibers. I don't think this is sold any more in stores and honestly I'm not sure if it's still made but you can find it online no problem.
So all In all you only need 3 tools and products for this eye look.


So now getting to the tutorial now that we've covered the tools you need.
Step one: I usually only say put foundation/concealer on your eyelid up to your eyebrow and then primer if you use it/need it after that and don't do anything under eye because of possible fallout of eye shadow BUT this time we are going to do our foundation/concealer and primer where they all go on and around the eye and eyebrow and do our eyebrow Make up. We are doing this because their shouldn't be much excess doing a "liner look." We shouldn't do anything with foundation under eye until our look is complete but because we are doing liner and shadow under eye we have no choice so we need to be absolutely careful and tap off the excess because if you get fallout on your concealer or foundation you will get a big mess when you try to wipe it off.
Just make sure to run it in because you don't want to look like this (below.) Also don't skip your eye socket and below and above eyebrow because you want your skin color to be uniform when makeup is finished.

Step Two: take your angled liner or brow brush and dip in Nile from your Serpentina Palette. Tap off excess. Make your wing first coming from the outer 3rd of your lash to the end of where you want your wing. Then finish from the inner corner going all the way back out to your wing using short controlled strokes. Repeat this once or twice or even three times depending on how dark you want your blue. Keep the lines clean and don't do it all in one stroke because you have a lot less control that way. Then take more blue and line your bottom water line. That's where you usually put your crayon liner. Don't put it on your actual lash line. We need that blank for later. Also take medusa after cleaning your angled brush. Line the bottom of your wing only. Follow the bottom line and go just a tiny bit out from the original line.
Step Three: Add gold Medusa on your angled brush, tap off excess and apply on lash line and right immediately below. Try not to get it on the actual under eye skin or you risk making yourself look tired and old.



Step Four: take Ankh if you want and line your waterline from the outside up to the end of your lashes and the above "waterline" right under your lashes on the opening of your eye. Kind of like tightlining just to darken it up. This is optional. Then add your mascara and highlighter under your brow and inner eye by your nose. Then your eyes are done and you can finish your makeup. 



If you're curious I use Kat Von D Lock It Liquid Foundation in shade 52 $35.00, Cover Fx contour kit around $48.00, maybelline matte lipstick in, Kat von d Serpentina palette $46.00, Anastasia Beverly Hills brow duo angled brush #14 $26, Anastasia Beverly Hills straight cut brow duo brush #20 for brows $26, Urban Decay Darkhorse shadow and Cover fx Contour Kit in the darkest contour color for my brows (approx. $20/$48) 
I know I'm red. I go tanning and have acne so I don't use a ton of foundation, I just cover up problem areas and let the red show. So I'm not using too much blush, or any blush at all. I'm just red lol.
HAIR: pigtail fishtail braids halfway down and held with black rubber bands with a little bit of bangs out. Fishtail braid tutorials on youtube.
Color swatches and names:


Subscribe here, pinterest @callowayelizabeth and twitter @snowbunnybeth90
Youtube to come soon. Follow all for a follow. Monthly beauty giveaways start at 250 subscribers.
And here's my cute maltipoo puppy Bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment