Friday, August 19, 2016

Naked palette gold/brown smokey eye tutorial


 Naked 1 Palette Tutorial 

This look is for a gold and brown smokey eye look. You could honestly use any similar colors but if you wanted to imitate it exactly this is the palette and these are the colors used. I used a sephora pro blending bruah in large 27, anastasia beverly hills brow duo brush #14 and straight cut dual brow brush #20 for lining with this palette as well so you can literally get this exact look with a few similar type brushes and your favorite mascara. I used younique 3d lash step one from youniques online store and then fiber mascara from sephora. Here are the brushes. I also used a cheapo eyeshadow brush from target. No brand name or number sorry but I've noticed you don't need to spend a ton to get the job done. Find a cheap brush that feels soft and you're good to go. You can even use the included brush I just didn't want to go digging for mine.
Here's the palette used. Bought from Sephora in store in Louisville, KY at Oxmoor mall but the price is the same online. I believe it's $54 USD give or take a couple dollars. 

So I use this and the Naked 3 palette interchangeably so after all that use it's obviously very used and empty and dirty with eyeshadow in some places. I apologize. 

THE TUTORIAL:

Step 1: take your fluffy blending brush and take buck and blend it in a windshield wiper motion right at the top of and above your natural crease. Make sure there are no harsh lines but make sure you can see the color and that it's not too light or smoked out. It doesn't need to be perfect yet. Here's an example of how step one should look (not the color just the look.)


Step 2: Take your fluffy blending brush. This brush is the fluffy brush pictured above on the far left. Mine is the Sephora Pro blending brush Large 27. If mentioned again refer to above for description and look of brushes used. Take this brush and grab some of the color Smog. Tap off the excess and start brushing in a small circular motion in the outer corner of the eye socket and crease. After the color is as deep as you want it blend it out into the top and right above the crease. Make sure to seamlessly blend it into the previous color Buck.  This is how it should look at this point (as pictured, and again not necessarily the color since I didn't take pictures step by step on accident so I'm borrowing these steps from google images. Every other image is mine.)

Step 3: 
This is where I do things a little different and obviously you're more than welcome to do things your way buy i get more control over my look this way so I prefer it. Normally you would put your darkest color on your outer v now and blend it out. Instead I use the color half baked and put it on my lid just over the line of the beginning of the last outer v color you just used. You do this so theres no harsh lines. Dont do any blending yet.


Step 4: grab a small brush of anu kind. I use the top of my eyeshadow brush and grab a very small amount of your darkest color. In this case it's Hustle. We are gojng to basically dot this in a sideways V shape ONLY on the outer V. This should be kind of a harsh line at this point and should look a little something like this:
 

Right after this you take your fluffy blending brush and start blending from the outer v inwards into the crease then after you get that all blended blend the entire eye area so you get a seamless look. It should go from the above picture to something like this:

Next take a color a couple shades lighter than your skin tone. In this case Virgin. Put it on your shadow or fluffy brush and brush it in one seamless motion from the top of your crease shade to right under your brow. This softens that crease shade top line and hides any darkness or imperfections. At this point do your eyebrows if you need to and then whether you did your eyebrows or not grab your highlighter shade. Usually a white, a skin highlighter, or the lightest color in your palette. In this case you will put virgin on a very skinny brush. I use my anastasia flat cut brush but any liner or eyebrow brush will do. Then line at the very bottom of your eyebrows hairline. You want to follow that line perfectly on your skin. If it's too harsh for you grab your fluffy brush and brush in single outward strokes lightly until it's how you want it. 

After this you grab your liner brush, in my case the number 14 angled brush mentioned above and make your wing. You can do this with the black in your palette or again hustle. If using hustle I recommend wetting the brush just to get the color a bit darker than your V color. I prefer this method of drawing my winged liner because I get more control with my angled brush and by using powder I can get the exact shade and look I want. Usually I will use a liquid eyeliner first just to get a sharp line and then set it with the eyeshadow and liner brush method mentioned above.

After this you want to like the bottom lash line only where the hair is with hustle and then black and kind of smudge that a bit with your liner brush.
 Then add your mascara then finish your makeup. I always do eyes before any makeup such as foundation, especially when workimg with dark colors because there can be some fallout that makes you look as if you haven't slept.

Please feel free to let me know what you think in the comments and leave any requests. Subscribe for more tutorials as often as I can.
Love ya!
Xo
Beth

More pics of the look!
















No comments:

Post a Comment