Thursday, August 18, 2016

Murad Invisiblur review! At $65 an oz you better make me FANCY!


     Murad Invisiblur Review!


Although this most likely doesn't need to be said if you read my sephora sucks review (not actually named that, but you get the gist.) I wasn't given this by any company. Not that I wouldn't love to be compensated for my reviews and tutorials but hey, I'm new, not overly popular and this isn't a dream where I get whatever I want lol. So these opinions are all mine, again like I really needed to say that!

Now onto the review!
 I did my own little research. First I went to the Murad website and found the ingredients list to this product and googled it. There is not a match over %62 so basically that means that they aren't just private labeling.    

 Private labeling for those of you who don't know is where companies call another company and ask them to put their name on the other companies product for a charge. For example the company Morphe brushes has crown makeup take crowns product and puts morphes name on it. They both still sell products but they are the exact same thing. Morphe can pick their colors and formula so the colors may be different but thats it.
 My point is when im confronted with expensive makeup I like to make sure it's not just a name im paying for. Murad develops and produces their own product that nobody else sells or makes. That's great news! Although I'm not sure the price tag is justified still. $65 USD for 1 ounce. Ouch! They must make money! Money! Moneeeyyy!
                THEM:
                                      You:


Anyway, some products are worth the pretty price tag! Not usually, but I'm not one to buy a lot of cheap make up because you also get what you pay for. Honestly though for the price of this it better make me look like friggin' Barbie and all her little girlfriends combined! 

 
 The website claims it's a primer, sunscreen spf 30, and anti aging product in one. Implying that it can replace all of these products. If that's the case it could likely save you money. So that's all I could really find on what it is. It basically says it blurs imperfections and can be worn alone or under makeup. I wore it on two occasions from morning until night and I couldn't barely stand it alone or with makeup. 

 Let me tell you why. Let me first start off by saying I have oily slightly acne prone skin. This may work best for someone with very dry or very mature skin but for a young woman with skin like mine don't waste your time or money. The consistency was pretty much exactly like smashbox photo primer. It comes out clean and a little goes a long way. One user said "one pump covers your entire face and the bottle lasts about 3 months of daily use" that comes down to about .72 cents a day if that same amount is generally used by the public. Doesn't seem like that much in those terms but unfortunately for you they want their money up front and not just 72 cents a day off your debit or credit card. I'm not exactly sure how 90 pumps of a one ounce bottle can even happen but hey, it must be magic.


 So it's like a clear, cloudy, gel color and consistency. It goes on your face with the same feeling as smashbox. For those of you who don't know what I mean by that, which I'm guessing isn't many, it means it goes pn your skin velvety smooth. It makes your skin feel that way too. At least for an hour anyway. Unfortunately for me it made my oily skin even worse. It seemed to double my oil production fairly quickly. I tried to boot the oil off my face throughout the day without rubbing the product off but it continued to happen. I finally was so greasy by the end of the night I couldn't take it and had to wash it off. It didn't blur the look of any fine lines or acne or dark spots alone.
 
 The next day I tried it as a primer under my lock it foundation (Kat Von D Shade 52) I usually love this foundation in any form. Powder or liquid. Idc. I love it. It's perfect for the full coverage I need and lasts a long time. When I can't afford Dior airflash (an oily, acne faces best friend.) This is definitely my go to. (Review to come on that tomorrow.) This foundation lasts a looong time but this Murad invisiblur oiled me all up all over again and it again only got worse throughout the day. The immediate feeling going on is great but if you even have a little oil on your skin don't even try it. Save your money and keep looking.


 I'm sorry because I know this is a great company generally, but this product isn't worth the hype or the hefty price tag (for $65 an oz it better be a gold facial, or at least titanium).

 I give this one out of five stars. 
The only good things about it are the consistency, the look of the bottle, the easy to press pump and the overall easy to use bottle, the sleek and simple packaging and the smooth feeling when it first goes on your face but that's all initial reactions. The actual performance sucks unfortunately. I had high hopes but it just didn't happen for me.
 I would love to hear your comments and experiences with this and other Murad products so go ahead and leave them below. 
 
 I will be starting my youtube channel up again this week so watch out here for those details.

 The best way to watch for more info, reviews, tutorials and more is always to subscribe!

 I'm not going anywhere so lets grow together!

Requests, comments, etc, contact or comment me. New blogs at least every week if not more often and once we hit 250 subscribers I will start monthly beauty giveaways. So do yourself a favor and share me online and with your friends.

Have a fabulous day! You deserve it my beauties!
We are all beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment