Saturday, October 29, 2016

Sephora Give Me Some Lip Set 2016 Review and Pictures!

               SEPHORA GIVE ME SOME LIP SET 
                                         2016

So this and the next couple reviews, like the in bloom palette review, have been a long time coming.


 I had been focusing a lot on tutorials and on some social causes. I really just wanted to use these products for a good amount of time before giving a thorough review on anything. Anything less would be a first impressions in my mind and I don't think that would be fair to you since I want to always give super in depth and honest reviews on these expensive products since for the majority of us these aren't purchases we can often make and in turn don't make them lightly.

 Also I've got another Sephora haul coming in probably monday. I ordered the Kat Von D Metal Matte Palette (yay! So excited!), the Naked 2 (not at all new but something I needed to get me closer to finishing that collection since I have 1,3, & ultimate and returned the smaller basics), the Ciate Chloe Morello Palette/ Gift set and the Bite Beauty The Perfect Bite set for this year plus some samples. I will be doing first impression videos/ unboxings of those for my youtube but I will let you guys know here and on instagram and twitter when I do and of course in depth reviews and lots of tutorials here. This is the biggest reason I want to get all my main purchases from my other hauls reviewed so my list of blog topics doesn't keep building. 



Unboxing and swatches of most of these are up now between my youtube and Instagram links at bottom of page.
 Now, let's get on to the review.
Drumroll puh-leeez!

                                     REVIEW!

I was a little apprehensive about buying this set mostly because of the recent Bite Amuse Bouche Lipstick I had bought with 100 of my points at Sephora. While I loved that lipstick and still do for reasons I already stated in my review for that it was super tiny and I was very scared that this set would be more of that. I wasn't sure if $28 was worth one full sized lipstick and then samples. Turns out it's two full size products and then a couple deluxe size samples and a couple mini normal sized samples. 

Neither of these are any of the lipsticks im talking about. Just trying to get my point across about how tiny some mini lipsticks are. Thank goodness none of these were even close to these tiny's.
 I have only recently gotten really into lipstick. Before recently the focus was always focused on my eye makeup since it is my best feature and I either wore LIP gloss or nothing so the emphasis wouldn't be taken off my eye makeup. I also have remarkably thin lips and had the idea that lipstick would only accentuate that fact. Lipgloss gives your lips the appearance of being larger since the gloss magnifies then exactly like looking through a drop of water or a magnifying glass. Also magazines had always said wearing lipstick and heavy eye makeup looked too lady of the night so you have to pick one. Turns out makeup is an art and even if you believe that, there's a way you can do it right.


So my shipment gets here and I couldn't I wait to take out this cute light purple lip shaped box. I open the box in a lightning fast hurry and they are all scrambled around on top of each other and on top of and inside a good amount of black, crimped confetti. It was very cute packaging. The first thing I notice is the lip oil. I had never heard of the Lancome Lip Oil before I looked up before purchasing this set.

 The Lancome Lip Oil is one of the full sized products in this set. The name of this flavor, that's what they call each color is boom-meringue. I wasn't at all excited when I read that color title or that the flavor was lemon meringue. Now I've never had lemon meringue pie but It sounds like a citrus lemon, lime type deal. Not my cup of tea. I was pleasantly surprised at the very sweet candy like taste. It has a light pink color in the bottle buy I believe it just leaves a natural lip colored tint. The lip oil feels like a thin and non sticky gloss but even better. It's like nothing I'd ever experienced. It felt warm and so comfortable. It lasted for literally more than 8 hours and even then I still felt it on me. After it dissipated or got all wiped off my lips were extremely soft, smooth looking and moisturized all day and night. This is going to save me in the winter when my lips are dry, chapped or cracked. I'm not going to get into too much detail about all of these because I already have or will be reviewing them more in depth in another post.


$21 full size  lancome
Next full size product is the Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick. In the color Stepping Out which is a deep nude. After trying this the first time I didn't like it. With the weird applicator (kinda reminds me of the inside sole of a pointy toed high heel)  It made it nearly impossible to get it perfectly on my lips in a neat line because my lips are so thin. Not to mention it sinks into every deep line in my lips that it caused by sucking the moisture right out of them, and causing the skin to pucker a bit since it is a true matte lipstick after all. I experimented with it every once in a while, like a couple times a week because I loved the deep brown color. It's not a true brown. Deep nude is really the best way to describe it. Anyway, after getting used to the applicator I started experimenting. A couple layers of it seemed to help instead of just one layer. Also spreading it out evenly with a clean finger or makeup brush helped too for whatever reason. Also exfoliating my lips before hand or using chapstick on top of it if it got too dry. Other than that the lipstick dries immediately so you need to make sure it goes on perfectly the first time. Even just cleaning up the outside is a pain if you don't do it right away.

$24 full size

Next we have the Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Chihuahua. This is a travel size. I had recently fell in love with the TF brand ever since i realized they weren't just pretty and gimmicky packaging. The quality really is there on the majority of their products. So i fell in love. Now I'm a huge fan and this lipstick is what really sold this whole set to me since i hadn't had the pleasure of trying it yet.
 I have to say i was overall pretty disappointed in this product. I had extremely high hopes after falling in love with the melted matte collection and the formula of that collection and that collection quickly become my every day go to but no, this was nothing like that. Don't get me wrong. I didn't expect it to be matte. I had done my research. I knew it was a glossy type lipstick that looked melted because it had been melted and put into a tube. Or so the story goes according to TF. It honestly looked great going on. I loved the medium pinky/ nude color of it. The shine was great since i had originally been the lip gloss queen for years. Unfortunately the product didn't last even an hour. Not even close and there is a ton of transfer. It's really messy and i don't want to be scared every time i take a sip of water that i now have smeared clown lips. No thank you! It was really disappointing because i had heard that it lasted a few hours for some ladies but my guess is they either were sponsored, sent the product by TF or they just didn't do a thing with their mouthes. I mean if you don't smoke, bite your nails, eat, drink, breathe ;) or anything with your mouth this may work for you as long as you can stay completely still.... I know that's just too much going on for me though so i won't be repurchasing. I will use it on errand days or at home nights or days but that's about it. I don't trust the product to go anywhere i have to look nice i wouldn't trust it.


$21 full size too faced melted
 Now we have the Nars Satin Lip Pencil in the color Rikugien. This was another product that sold this set for me. I had tried this in a beautiful red (the name of it slips my mind at the moment. Sorry) so this was one of the first lippys i tried on out of the box. This i believe is full size or close to it. The formula is silky and a little glossy feeling with a true satin finish. These pencils are great because you can line your lips for a clean line with them first and then fill in. It's really an all in one in my eyes. Unfortunately this color was very metalloc and pinkish. It looked to have some sort of glitter in it and the color was just not flattering on me as a super pale woman with pink undertones and light brown hair. It just looked childish on me with the amount of metallic and pink it had. I won't be wearing it without layering a darker color on top. I don't like the color but that's all personal preference. The formula is great and leaves nothing to be desired. I will be repurchasing this lipstick in other colors.

$26 full size nars  The next lipstick is the Sugar Rose lip shine. It's kind of like a slicker feeling tinted chapstick. This is from the brand Fresh and i had never actually heard of this collection before. It was the one i was the least excited about. I would have been happier had their been another true lipstick instead of this. 
 Now that I've gotten to use it it's really not bad. It's true to color and it's sheer and transparent so it's a true lip tint, which is great for those days when you need to run out the door and just need that little pop of color that's not too unnatural.
This color was a very pretty raspberry red color and it looks decent on my ghost like skin. I think this color would be pretty universally flattering. It lasts as long as any chapstick and has the same type of formula, just slightly glossier. They have other colors in the line and the packaging is a nice heavy metal type case that snaps securely back together. I really liked that. I don't have anything bad to say about it other than i wouldn't repurchase based on the price because i feel i can get the same thing from a Blistex lip tint or Burts Bees Lip tint for just a couple dollars so why pay more in my opinion.

$24 full size

Last in this set we have a mini Kat Von D Beauty Studded Kiss Lipstick in Lovecraft. This is a true deep raspberry with a tint of true purple in natural sunlight and bright light. Indoor i thought it was a medium maroon but the lighting in my house is terrible and i was wrong. I was pretty disappointed that it wasn't the color i thought it was but it's still an ok color. It's not anything I would have purchasesd for myself because this specific color isn't extremely flattering on me. I can see this looking pretty or even a little vampy or flirty on women with even just a bit more color to their skin and especially the darker skinned ladies. I think a way darker skin tone would probably really bring the purple out in this lipstick and that would be beautiful since black women tend to pull off purple toned and jewel toned lipsticks with a color passion. 
 The packaging is pretty but the cap comes off a little too easily so no, i would not throw it in my purse and go. Also the actual lipstick is very thin and not at all sturdy in the case. I feel like it's going to break in half just by touching my lips. It hasn't but it is wobbly. Keep in mind this is only the mini Studded Kiss lipsticks that are of this quality. The full sized versions are of great quality and have none of the minis problems so don't deter from buying full sized if you love the formula because they put a lot more effort into those.



This bottom picture is a mini studded lipstick $21 full size studded
All in all I really liked this box. It was an amazing deal and a great way to try some of Sephoras most popular and in demand lipsticks of the moment. A lot of these are on the higher end of the price range and you would have to break the bank to buy every single one of these separately just to find out if you liked them or not. No you don't get to pick your colors in this box obviously but they did a pretty good job of picking universally flattering colors. I have had this box for about a month now and I'm still loving it. I guess this is a thing that they do often, or at least yearly so I can't wait for the next one. 




 Will you be buying the Give Me Some Bold Lip Set? I checked it out. It was released right when I bought this and I was not at all interested. This isn't pale girl friendly whatsoever in my opinion. There's a lot of bright purples and neon and bright colors. It's different than vampy and bold. It's not that at all in my opinion. In a pale girl it would be more campy lol. On the other hand this set would look really vampy and sexy in black women or women of darker skin tones. For me, it would never work. What's your opinion on these? Which was your favorite in either set?
$28 give me some bold lip set
Limited edition like all of their lip sets

Don't forget to follow me on instagram which is where I post daily makeup looks, swatches and more. Like my Facebook page at facebook.com/yarnandbeauty. Follow me on twitter at snowbunnybeth90 and pinterest under elizabethcalloway to be notified when a new blog or video post is up. Subscribe to my youtube channel by following this link

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC6tWa9xZgk5Unq1UrgUCraA

Have a great day beauties! Xo! Lots more reviews to come from my most recent and upcoming hauls. Promise to post some new tutorials and vids in there as well. Sorry for the little blogging break but I'm back!

1 comment: