Monday, October 10, 2016

BOSCIA TSUBAKI OIL EXFOLIATING CLEANSING POWDER REVIEW! Why everyone should use this but especially us oily skin/acne prone women!

Boscia Tsubaki Oil Exfoliating Cleansing Powder
                                       Review!


                         Before and after photo!
Before (above) and after (two pics below)
If you click on these three pictures you can see in the first one the amount of oil, redness, enflamed open acne, increased red acne spots, enlarged pores,etc. In the bottom pictures I still have problem skin. Keep in mind this is just a very short time I've been using this but I noticed these changes almost immediately. What you can see is a lot less redness, the enflamed acne looks less red and "angry", my pore size has decreased quite a bit as well as my oil production has slowed down a lot. Not to mention my face feels so soft and not super tight after each wash. It's like a small spa minute over the sink.


Why everyone should use it but especially those                with oily and acne prone skin!


   This is the exact sample pack I received. You can buy a lot of these packets for about five bucks on ebay.

I was given a small packet of this as a sample in one of my Sephora orders. I was pretty unimpressed when I seen it because hey we are talking about a sample sized foil packet of anything but when it comes to cleansers how many times am I actually going to get to use this thing? Once? One and a half times? 
 I was also super worried about the word "oil" in the main title of the cleanser. I wasn't at all sure what Tsubaki Oil was at that time but what I was sure of is that I had crazy oily skin that was almost always broken out as you can see from the picture below.

 As you can see I have huge pores and by noon I'm so slick my hands slide over any part of my face not to nention all my makeup is "melting" off at this point and not to mention I have horrible acne because of it.

 So just like everyone else with my problem  you've probably tried almost anything to shrink pores, minimize oil production, stop acne, treat acne, prevent redness, get rid of scars, etc. 




The only thing that's ever worked for me is proactive. It's just really expensive and I'm really cheap so I tried to make a cheaper system with wash, acne lotions, and toners with the same active ingredients. Needless to say it didn't work. Ever. 

The problem was that I was constantly drying my face out. When I was a teenager I would put my face over boiling water that was steaming and open my pores and then put rubbing alcohol all over my face during that. When I wasn't doing that I put hand sanitizer all over my face. It worked. 

 Unfortunately I'm not a teenager anymore. My skin has changed and has different needs. A major mistake we all make is that we strip our skin of every bit of oil and dry it out like crazy because it only makes sense right?  No. You're skin needs natural oils for some stupid reason.   So when you wash your skin and dry it out too much your skin goes into overdrive when it comes to oil production and just makes it worse.  

 So it's taken me a while to grasp the fact that I needed to keep some oil on my face. 
But how much is too much oil? Where's the line of just enough and too much for someone with oily skin.

I kept running across the fact that every One should wash their face with gasp! Oil! Omg! How could that possibly do anything but break me out and make my oily skin worse?

 Let's find out what happened:

                                  REVIEW!

It's a powder that doesn't have a smell. You need a very small amount to wash your entire face so while this is expensive at about $55 USD it will last you quite sometime and end up the same price or cheaper in the long run than a liquid Neutrogena face wash. 

The amount you need to use is up to you. You can use a very small amount from about a pea sized amount for just a regular face wash or as much as in my hand for a regular wash plus some exfoliation or a little more for total exfoliation. 


Even if you use it as much as you need for exfoliation every time you still won't need that much. Maybe a nickel sized amount. My hands are tiny so keep that in mind while looking at the amount in my hand.

It's a very soothing wash. Even the exfoliating feels soft and gentle and the regular wash feels like a softer, a little more slippery and thin liquid face wash. It makes your face feel soft and gives you a glow when you're done and it has helped my acne heal since to heal a scab faster you need to add moisture to it to soften the skin. 
It has helped my oil production. I'm still oily but when this was the only thing I changed in my regimen I could definitely tell a difference. I would make it to the evening before having slick skin.  

This is an anti aging product and in my humble opinion you can't start that anti aging process to soon since you can get smile lines and forehead wrinkles as soon as your early twenties.

For those with dry or sensitive skin this wash is so gentle it won't irritate even the most sensitve skin and will bring back some much needed moisture to dry skin of any extreme.

For normal skin this gives lasting skin care that every One needs. This is literally the perfect face wash for every person and really is budget friendly in the long run. 

I give this wash a 5/5 stars. I've never given five stars on my blog as I intend to keep that rating for truly exceptional products and this is definitely one of those. My tiny sample packet lasted me two weeks. I can only imagine how long a full size bottle will last me. I also seen results within a few days. I would go just about as far as saying I love this more than the proactive wash.

Now how I use this is I wash my face once with a cleansing wash or exfoliator and then use this. No Matter what wash you use you need to wash your face twice. Once is not enough to get all the dirt and make up. I use a cheap bar soap or st ives exfoliating wash and then this. It prevents that tight, dry feeling and therefore prevents extreme oil production to compensate for oil lossed. I Then use an oil free moisturizer or an advanced daily oil control lotion both from proactiv but as I said the only thing I changed from my routine was my second wash and I could tell a huge difference immediately. 
And you need to wash your face morning and night no matter your skin type especially if you wear makeup.
One website that sells this has this as the description for this wash:
What it is: A thorough yet gentle exfoliating powder that produces smoother, brighter skin. What it is formulated to do: Gentle enough for everyday use and for all skin types, Tsubaki Oil-Infused Exfoliating Powder removes debris and oil from pores and skin's surface while providing long-term deep-hydration and antiaging benefits. The grains of this powder are dried and then coated in Tsubaki Oil. Once activated with water, Tsubaki Oil is released to completely veil and treat the skin, creating a silky-smooth, brighter complexion.

Tsubaki oil is actually camellia oil. 

Tsubaki™ (Camellia) oil has been an essential part of Japanese beauty rituals for centuries. Japanese women, well-known for their flawless skin, would traditionally nourish and protect their skin with native Tsubaki™ oil, which is naturally fast-absorbing, hypoallergenic, and always non-comedogenic. In addition to its potent skin care benefits, Camellia oil is responsible for the iconic smoothness of the geisha and samurai hairstyles of the past. 

Camellia oil is harvested from the Shizuoka region of Japan - a short distance from Yokahama, the birthplace of boscia, where the coastal fog causes camellias to grow extremely slowly, concentrating the antioxidants and aromas. The flowers and leaves are steam-dried, which produces camellia oil by cold pressing the seeds and preserving the tremendous skin protection and antiaging benefits found in our formula. 


Research results:
After 4 weeks of use: 
- 83% reported an improvement in skin moisturization 
- 83% reported their skin looked and felt smoother 
- 78% reported their skin was more hydrated


I recommend this more than anything I've ever recommended to anyone. You won't regret this purchase. To be safe buy it from a place with a decent return policy just in case since it is a bit pricey although I don't think anyone would ever even consider returning it.



No comments:

Post a Comment