Saturday, July 15, 2017

Modern strawberry shortcake recipe

           Strawberry Shortcake Recipe.           


My #strawberryshortcake #recipe that I came up with today all on my own. My #Kroger was out of premade #angelfood #cake and #strawberry #glaze so i came up with this and I have to say so much better. Gosh! I #love #baking. Ok so here's the super easy recipe:
Buy a box of angel food cake. You can make it from scratch. Most things I do are like that and there's easy recipes online but today I wanted something quicker.
Ingredients needed:
Angel food cake store bought and prepared, a box cake you cook or a made from scratch recipe found online. Any will do.
One clamshell (package) of strawberries
Two normal sized tubs of extra cream cool whip
One can of strawberry pie filling
Directions:
Bake the angel food cake in 2 spring form pans or pie pans or do what I did and bake it in one 13x9 pan as directed on the box. After almost cooled run a butter knife a long the sides to loosen and turn over to pop the cake out. Let cool completely.
I then cut my cake almost perfectly in half as pictured. 

Add as much or as little strawberry #pie filling on the top of the first layer. 

Add whipped cream just on the top of that layer. 9 used almost an entire tub but not quite the entire thing. 

Slice some strawberries then place them on the top of the cake.
Add a little more whipped cream on top as like a glue for the top layer.
Add second layer of cake on top. 

Repeat steps until adding the strawberries. Add cool whip with a spatula to top and sides of cake.
Then add strawberries to top and to as much of the sides as you prefer. 

Refrigerate for 1 hr before serving.
Lasts for 4 days in refrigerator. 

Instagram buzzybee25
Snapchat buzzybee250
Twitter snowbunnybeth90
Facebook.com/yarnandbeauty or elizabeth calloway louisville 
Link to youtube in some previous blog posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment