Friday, June 17, 2016

Beginner summer nail art for short nails 2016



This is a really easy tutorial that I've gotten a ton of compliments on. 
I will list the colors at the end of the tutorial if you like any of the exact colors. 

First I used a ridge filler base coat because my nails are a little bumpy. If yours aren't then it's not too important in my opinion. 
 Second I used one coat of the pink. If it's not opaque enough for you use two light coats but don't use too much because we have other coats still and dont want it to be too thick because it takes a lot longer to dry and it can get messed up really easily. 
 Third I used a pure white and made a diagonal line from one corner to the opposite corner in one sweep as to make a straight line. again one coat. Use two light coats if you want it more opaque. If you're super shaky wait for the pink to dry and use tape to make your diagonal line but take the tape off almost immediately. If you wait for the paint to dry on the tape it will peel some of the paint off with it most of the time. I didn't wait for my pink to dry completely so it goes into the white a bit but I kind of liked the look. 
 After this I took a nail dotting tool and put a white clear holo or glitter polish on a credit card I dont use and took a pretty big dot and made a line down the white diagonal line I just made (as seen in picture) obviously a thin line nail brush or polish brush would be perfect but I didnt have one so I improvised. Again if you don't have these tools or are too shaky, use tape lined up with the white but over a little so you have a little pink showing. On the pink and white line is where your glitter line will go.
 Last of the colors I used a dark blue/ black. I started at the largest part of the line and made a straight line of dots, evenly spaced. Then for the next line I made the dots in between the dots above then again did the same on the next line and so on until you reach the other side. Similar to a pyramid set up. 
 Then let dry and add a top coat or two. This is something I like to invest in. The best top coats can take your manicure to a whole different level and make it look as though you have a layer of glass on your nail. This type of top coat can take even a plain nail to a beautiful stylish looking shine. It's great for protection of the nail and helps the manicure last at least twice as long. Do not skip this step or no matter how much you spend on your polish it will chip rather soon and that seems like a waste of time and money to me. A chipped, painted, manicure is the ugliest! Trust me. 
 Since I'm a working mother always on the go my polish needs to have deep color in as few coats as possible and all layers need to dry super fast. My top coat needs to dry really fast in case my polishes are slower so this again is my most critical purchase and most critical step. 
 All of these products come highly recommended by me. They are tried and true. 
 Pink- OPI infinite shine 2... Running with the in-finite crowd
 White-OPI infinite shine 2... Non-stop white
 Blue/black-OPI... russian navy
 Glitter- OPI... Ski slope sweetie
 Top coat- OPI infinite shine step 2
Ridge filler base coat- NAILMEDIC... nail blur. Fine line & ridge filling base coat

Opi infinite shine I dont think is any better than regular opi. It doesn't give any more of a gel look in my opinion and I've tested many colors. So don't spring for it just for that reason. Just because it's more expensive doesnt always mean it's better. The top coat is better than a lot of opi top coats but you can use it with any polish. It dries quick but honestly I still prefer Sally hansen miracle gel top coat. The miracle gel colors are amazing as well. I usually don't do drug store brands for beauty but this has been my number one for as long as it's been out now. I keep trying new things but keep coming back to that.
 Opi polishes are about $9-$13 a piece. Sally hansen about $5-$6.50 NAILMEDIC from walmart about $10
 This manicure would look great in a variety of colors. Get creative girls! A good manicure can bring a little fabulous into every day with very little work.
"Laughter is timeless, imaginiation has no age, and dreams are forever." Live today like it's tire last and love everyone like you want to be loved and treated. If everyone did this there would be no unhappiness or war.
 Please subscribe. Once we hit fifty subs I will start monthly giveaways.

No comments:

Post a Comment