Tuesday, October 10, 2017

The Best Mattifying Products for Severely Oily Skin

   The Best Mattifying Products for Oily Skin

 Hi everyone! It's been a while i know but I'm getting back into it along with vlogging on my Youtube channel which i will leave a link to with my other social media down below. 

 So let's jump right in here. Let me start off by saying that the majority of these products aren't drugstore. I've spent years fighting my oily skin and no drugstore product has ever worked to actually control tthe oil and that will be the type of products I will be talking about here. At the end i will leave some tips that I'm sure you already know but just in case i will leave them anyway.  

  Just a general idea of my skin type and what this means for you. I'm extremely oily. So oily that an hour after i wash my face if i don't use mattifying products I'm filling up 3 to 4 large blotting papers every hour on the hour from the moment I wash. I have adult hormonal acne that's no different from the teen hormonal acne i had. I am always broken out to some degree. It's only the severity that changes. I do not have sensitive skin but i am sensitive to my skin as i don't want to hurt it or cause unnecessary problems so these products will work for sensitive skin. 
 What does this have to do with you? Well you get an idea of what I've been dealing with and chances are yours isn't worse than mine. It may be as bad but it's most likely not which is great and means these products will probably perform even better for you than they do for me. But be warned, skin is a living, breathing organ. Everyone's us different. We have different concerns, different colors, different ph, different DNA so some of these products may not work for you like they did for me. That's the joy of skincare unfortunately. There is no one size fits all. 
 Rest assured though that these products will most likely work to some degree on you. If they work on me they definitely work because most products don't work on me.


 Mattifying Skincare:

 So we've all heard how skincare is important. And it is. But washing your face can only take you so far. The stuff that sits on your face will have the biggest chance of making a difference. These items have had a huge impact on my skin. And with these items combined i can get through almost 16 hours with only having to blot once at the end of the day and that not even being that bad. 

As for face washes there isn't much you can do for oil but exfoliation to bring new skin to the front of the line can prevent the oil from glueing the dead skin cells together and causing acne. It may help with oil control as well if your oil problem is minimal. There are just so many benefits to exfoliating everyone should do it. 
 The one that always clears my acne up the most and isn't even an acne treatment is the 

1) First Aid Beauty Exfoliating Cleanser Facial Radiance Polish 3.5 oz $25 Sephora Exclusive 
 This stuff is amazing. It doesnt strip the skin but it's magic none the less. 

A chemical peel is always good. This is one you can actually see it taking the dead skin iff and it's so so gentle. So gentle it can be used daily. 


2) Boscia Exfoliating Peel Gel and the Exfoliating Peel Gel with Volcanic Sand for extra exfoliation.  Both $34 for a 5 oz bottle that will last a while both actually work unlike more expensive peels that just make your face red and show no peeled skin. It sounds bad but its just the dead skin. You dont feel a thing. 

Next is a face mask. The only face mask I've ever used that actually can clear out my acne, pores and make me significantly less oily with no extra products is this mask. It is expensive but I've tried way more expensive masks with way less results. This actually pulls the oil and gunk from your skin and you can see it in the mask as pictured below.

3) GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Mask .5 oz $22, 1.7 oz $69 (regular size), 3.5 oz $99 Sephora.
Glamglow pulling oils and gunk (mine are much worse but ive never pictured it lol i left it on overnight once. The entire mask was filled black when i woke up 5 hours later.):






Next we have a toner. I don't notice many results with this other than that it helps to mattify and i like using a toner just for the extra skincare. This would be a great work alone option for those with skin thats not too oily but just to sop up the little shine you get throughout the day and try to prevent acne and heal your skin.

4) Sunday Riley Mattifying Martian Water Gel Toner 4.4 oz $55 Sephora

Next is a moisturizer. Now i have come to the conclusion that with how oily my skin is this BS about adding moisture to trick my skin into being moisturized and not producing oils is just that. BS. When your skin produces as much oil as mine does ot would have stopped itself long ago because it moisturizes the heck out of itself. That's never gonna work for me and tends to only break me out. So normally i wouldn't ever recommend a moisturizer but then i found this. I've been using it for months and my skin hasnt gotten used to it and It's the one item out of all the skincare items that can keep me matte for hours by itself. Around 8 by itself and 16 with the toner and mattifying primer a full 24 hours if i used the mask the night before or that morning. 

5) GlamGlow Volcasmic Matte Glow Moisturizer 
1.7 oz $54 
 I know that seems like a lot for a little but again I've used this daily for months and a little goes a very long way. Obviously dont be wasteful with any of this stuff. Its too expensive. Make it last by putting on too little. You can always add a little more. But you can't put it back if you use too much. That's unsanitary lol. And if you continue to do that that's a lot of wasted product. 

Now we move onto makeup that actually works. I've realized i really hate the look of flat matte makeup. It looks like a mask and so unrealistic. I look dead if it gets to be too many layers and it's uncomfortable. So I've found what works for me which i will end with but all of these products work well.

Makeup:

Primer. I've tried just about every pore refining and mattifying primer Sephora carries and only one works to keep me matte all by itself with no mattifying skincare for hours and totally matte with the skincare mentioned above for an entire day. It's not hyped up and i had to test many and spend hundreds to get to this mostly unheard of primer. 
This one! The pore eraser because there's like 3.
1) Lancome La Base pore refining & mattifying primer 20 ML $38 Sephora
Its amazing.

Next we have foundations. I'm super picky with my foundations and have tried almost every foundation at Sephora as well.


2) Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation 1 oz $40 Sephora
 the most mattifying but also most fake looking...er.. I mean offers the most coverage. Just know a little goes a long way and you have to blend it out well and get perfect matching color if you don't want to look like a zombie or an orange. I do wear this on days when i need the coverage to stay literally all day and all night if i need it with no touch up and to keep me matte all on its own. This stuff is a workhorse but you do compromise a bit of comfort since it's heavy and any realistic coloring to your face since it's almost like a concealer for your entire face. 



3) Dior Forever Foundation 1 oz $50 Sephora
 this is one of my favorites. A realistic look with great coverage. Not too mattifying so perfect for those who are using other mattifyers or are not super oily.



4) Dior AirFlash Airbrush Foundation Spray 2.3 oz $62 Sephora Mattifying, full coverage and looks great all day. Not too drying. 



5) Lancome Teint Idole Stick Foundation .31 oz $42 Sephora
it's super long wearing and Mattifying all on it's own. Super easy to apply with the stick onto the skin and blends out in a jiff looking perfect with just your fingers. Perfect for moms and women on the go. My current favorite. It better be that great for that price per ounce though. Ouch! Use that daily and youre spending that every 3 to 4 weeks. Next please!



6) It Cosmetics your skin but better CC Cream (original not radiance) 1.08 oz $38 Sephora
This is my daily wear foundation. It lasts a good 6 to 8 hours, doesn't break me out, pretty amazing coverage and isn't a matte finish but doesn't make me oily or slip off my skin if im a tad oily. Only to be used with other mattifying products since this alone is not mattifying.



7) Dr Jart Premium BB Cream (gold label) 1.5 oz $39 Sephora for you K Beauty Lovers.
amazing coverage but not mattifying. Has great skincare and helps with acne and blemishes. Only to be used with other mattifying products. Same rules apply to this as with the CC cream above.



8) Burberry Cashmere Soft Matte Foundation 1 oz $52 Sephora
Amazingly soft and matte but natural looking. Very pretty with full coverage that doesn't look fake. Mattifying works pretty well here. 



9) Makeup Forever Mat Velvet Foundation 1.01 oz $40 Sephora great looking medium to full coverage matte foundation that keeps me matte for a while



And since im not totally oblivious to the seemingly outrageous costs of these amazing foundations that i spent thousands of dollars and hours of shopping and testing to find the best of here's a drugstore option that's been around for years. It does help with oil control and is mattifying although im not sure if it's advertised that way but it was my go to for years as a teen and young adult. 



10) Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation .64 oz approx $8.99 Ulta, Walmart, Target, etc. (If a drugstore makeup is amazing it's always maybelline. Think Eye Studio Gel Liner pot, Eye Studio Master Precise Liquid Liner, etc.)

Concealer:
There's only two i deem as mattifying and matte but realistic enough and full coverage enough so i can cover my imperfections and use a more realistic looking foundation since that's how it's supposed to be done. You're not supposed to have full blown concealer all over your face and you don't need to unless you really are just a big acne blemish. 


1) Anastasia Beverly Hills Concealer Pot
Unsure of weight but I'd guess around .5 oz $20 now seemingly only available at AnastasiaBeverlyHills.com and Macys.



2) Nars Soft Matte Complete Concealer .21 oz $30 Sephora
an amazing realistic concealer that needs hardly any blending and so comfortable to wear despite the full coverage.

Powders:
This is how you take away shine throughout the day and set your makeup and prevent shine to begin with. Keep this with you at all times. 


1) Laura Mercier Translucent Powder .33 oz w/ powder puff $23 (travel), 1 oz $38 in both dark and translucent Sephora
This is the Holy Grail powder for many of us oily's for a reason. 


2) Too Faced Peach Perfect Mattifying Setting Powder 1.23 oz $32 Sephora *smells like peaches yo!

And i haven't tried this so i can't recommend but I've heard really good things.

3) Coty Airspun Full Coverage Powder 2.3 oz approx $5.97 Walmart

Finishing Powders:
Not as useful as setting powders but still work and make your skin look flawless.

1) Makeup Forever Ultra Hd Finishing powder (Compact not loose they act different for some reason to me.) .07 oz $23 or .21 oz $37 Sephora 
also available in other colors but we are going translucent here.

Setting Sprays:
These will make sure your makeup looks flawless all day despite your greasiness. 

1) Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray Original 1 oz $30 .5 oz $15 Sephora
Amazing!


2) Urban Decay Deslick Setting Spray 1 oz $30
Supposed to mattify and set but i only notice slight mattifying so i prefer the original. 

Now daily i use my Exfoliator, toner and volcasmic along with my primer and foundation and setting spray dabbing with powder throughout the day and using these other products randomly depending on my needs. These are all great but you have to find what works for you. I've spent over 10 grand at sephora the last 18 months and i wont ever be doing that again. But in that time I've found what works and since i did have the opportunity to do that you can benefit from my stupidity! Lol. Enjoy!

To see my Sephora Hauls and other great beauty, fitness and life vids just check out and subscribe to my channel here (copy and paste if not clickable):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6tWa9xZgk5Unq1UrgUCraA

For daily makeup and hair looks and everything i use listed so if you see something you like you know what it is follow me on Instagram at: Buzzybee25

You can also follow me on Twitter: snowbunnybeth90
Snapchat: buzzybee250
Facebook.com/yarnandbeauty
Sephora community: buzzybee25

No comments:

Post a Comment