Saturday, November 26, 2016

CHRISTIAN DIOR DIOR ROUGE MATTE LIPSTICK In Matte and Creme swatches and review!

          Christian Dior DiorRouge Lipstick 
                            In Poison Matte
                         Review & Swatches!

I originally purchased the color Celebre from the DiorRouge collection. I got it during my huge birthday haul at sephora (video on my youtube, link at bottom of page. SUBSCRIBE!). I didn't try it on at the time because I was so excited about everything I was getting. I'm still having residual makeup orgasms over it constantly! 


 Anyway they had the collection separated into four corners and a center. Kind of like the five on a dice. The colors were seperated in the four corners. Reds top right, pinks top right, nudes bottom right, etc. In the middle it was a mixture of different colors. At first I didn't understand the set up, again because I wasn't able to fully pay attention because of my unrealistic, child like, excitement over the situation. 




Not the exact setup I explained was at my sephora but you see what I mean here. Same deal just different placement.

 I picked out a pretty orange based red lipstick with glitter inside. It was almost a true red. It was gorgeous and I had high hopes. 


 If you read my previous post you understand why I can't stand creme or cream or satin lipsticks. It's continually wet and messy and there's too much room for mistakes and lipstick fails. Also when I tried the color on it was very bright and not very glittery and the color was not very wearable for everyday. Affording these lipsticks is not something I'm going to be able to do anytime soon so I immediately decided to take it back. If I'm going to own a $38 lipstick I want to be able to wear it often. I'm not opposed to wearing unique or dramatic colors but this color was more of a Christmas party red and I can't think of another time it would have fit into my lifestyle. 

 This color specifically may look good on someone with a darker skin tone for day to day wear. Someone with really chocolatey skin would probably be able to pull off these cherry lips much better than my pale, ghostly ass.

 We will get into formula and the review here shortly.

 Next I returned it immediately and exchanged it for a lipstick from the same collection. Return video on my youtube channel. As you know, having a lipstick or any makeup for that matter, that's different from what I already own is super important to me. If I have a lot of makeup I want to have a lot of choices. That only makes sense right? Apparently common sense isn't too common and consumerism prevails because most people buy the most hyped up stuff in colors they already own over and over and over again. It's crazy really. I refuse to do that. It may be comfortable to pick a color that I'm familiar with but I honestly just don't need a bunch of the same makeup that's just a shade or two off. That's crazy. 

 So I decided on a deep berry purple named Poison Matte. After I had gone back I realized my mistake. I hadn't noticed it before but the four corners were creme and satin and the middle section was matte. If I would have paid attention to begin with I probably wouldn't have had such an issue with it to begin with, but I digress. I didn't try this color on either but I did As soon as I got home and have worn it quite a few times since I've gotten it at the beginning of this month





                 Actual poison matte swatches!
                             The Lipsticks:

                                 THE MATTES
                       The most unique mattes!
   

All in All it's got below average wear time, feathering is a probability even on lips without visible lines and probably worse on older skin. The color can be patchy on the darker colors and not as pigmented until I couple layers have been applied. It is completely worn off within a few hours after just living your life. That is taking a nap (if that's something you indulge in or all you're able to do in your busy life.), eating any type of food, drinking, smoking (again if you do that.), nail biting, or just living life. This will happen despite priming lips with enough moisture to be healthy or lining the entire lip area with liner as a primer or wearing alone. Using a lip primer I doubt would do a single thing since all it usually does it brighten the color by being a white lipstick parading itself as a primer or moisturizing which is what you can do with chapstick but you can try it.
 The color is patchy on the darker colors.

Not actual Dior Rouge Lipsticks.
Pros: the colors are beautiful and there's a decent amount to choose from despite some colors being pretty similar to each other. The colors can be pigmented after a few coats. It's pretty easy to apply as long as you have a lip liner and moisturized lips or else it will tug. 

 This is not a liquid matte lipstick. If that's all you've used then don't expect that here because bullets are a totally different animal. 

The matte formula isn't that easy to apply. It's going to be different from liquid matte formulas, especially during application because that's just how it goes. Nonetheless, it tugged at my lips and didn't glide on nicely or smoothly at all. It left extremely jagged lines and did not look pretty without a lip liner. You usually have to wear a lip liner with solid lipsticks to stop this problem, feathering or other related issues so I wasn't too surprised since that's kind of the deal you agree to when purchasing a solid but I have to admit I spit my milk out in a movie like, dramatic fashion in a huge spray all over my phone (not really, just added for dramatic effect.) When I went to the Sephora site and found out that the matching lip liner was another whopping $30 smackaroos (dollars).  Not happening and not possible lol.

 So the search began. It's not that easy to find that color with this sea of boring neutrals we've been swimming in. I settled on a Mac lip liner in Plum it doesn't match completely but you can't see any difference once it's on.

 It lasts a while on your lips. A few hours at the very least without fading if you don't eat a meal. If you do it starts to fade away at the inside of the lips but that's most lipsticks to be honest. It doesn't feather much. It does sink into lip lines and is a bit drying but it is a matte lipstick so that's kind of the deal. It is a little creamier feeling than they usually are but I would still recommend exfoliating lips and then moisturizing with a lip oil or chapstick to moisturize while finishing makeup then wipe clean and apply when ready. This gives that sexy full lipped, soft,matte lip look instead of the dried out, shriveled version we all get by not applying the proper products first. Just a tip.

Haven't we all dreamt of kissing raisins? No? Then be considerate to your man candy as well ;)
 So by itself we've established the matte versions aren't anything fabmazing. The satin are a bit better in wear but nothing to write home about. Is this something I would buy again? Unfortunately, probably not. I'm still looking for that holy grail matte bullet lipstick that most likely comes in a $90 louboutin bullet necklace or a little cheaper but still outrageous Guerlain $68 bullet. I guess even then the risk still exists that you're paying for the name and that the quality won't come through although that's a lot more unlikely than these cheaper brands at Sephora and especially at the drugstore.
Louboutin lipstick $90. I wish!
 I don't hate this lipstick so I won't be returning it to Sephora again. The color is really beautiful and I love the matte look if I can get it to apply right. Added to the fact that I can't find beautiful colors like this often I will be keeping it and wearing it at least weekly as I refuse to just own expensive makeup or expensive things just to let them sit around. I will enjoy my things or returning them. I will not be a mindless consumer that can never get enough stuff. 


                                   THE SATINS:

The satins I haven't had as much experience with but I have noticed some things. The color applies smoothly, it is glossy finished, the glitter does show through tastefully without having a drag queen look (bad for drag queens, good for every day wear) if it has glitter, pretty pigmented, a pretty big selection of colors and it doesn't stain the skin. It lasts as long as most lipsticks and isn't any better or worse than average.

I wouldn't buy any satins because I personally don't like that finish and it costs too much for me to wear a lipstick I'm not in love with. 
 If I could purchase another it would be another matte formula but that's only if I couldn't find another high end lipstick that performed better. 

 If you can afford it I say go for it. It's good quality but nothing amazing. I'd give it 7/10 stars. 

Hope you enjoyed!

Check out my new $600 Black Friday Sephora Gift Haul.  Also subscribe so you don't miss my upcoming mini hauls from Spencers and Macy's from my birthday month. 
Here's the link:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC6tWa9xZgk5Unq1UrgUCraA


Follow me on instagram for new makeup looks, tutorials and makeup swatches daily
@buzzybee25



And follow me here for reviews, musings and tutorials as well as swatches and more and like my Facebook page at facebook.com/buzzybee25

Have a great day beauties! 
Xo



No comments:

Post a Comment